Sign in to follow this  
duck1973

Pricing help please

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have an acquaintance who has asked me to put his logo on a 4'x8' sign on both sides.  He has provided me with the graphic and it was cut ready in under 15 minutes.  It is one color and will end up being approximately 42"x90" of vinyl per side.  I was going to price 651 and/or 751 to him. 

The logo is a very simple logo with lettering. I will have to cut in two pieces.  He has the plexiglass panels out of the sign and in his shop for an easy install. 

What would you recommend on price?  I have used the calculator and came up with $707.  Seems pretty steep for the job but haven't done a job like this before. 

Thanks in advance!

If it is going outside then definitely use 751 if it is going to be an unlit sign. When you say plexiglass It leads me to believe that this is a lit sign, in which case you are looking for a transparent/translucent vinyl.

As for localized pricing, that is a market based thing. Depending on what you are talking about by me the market price may be between $300 and $1200+ between potential scenarios.

I agree with Command. I'd probably shoot for around $320 based on $5/sf on a total of 64sf but your area may bring higher prices that around here. If that is back-lit and the design is such that it would have the two parts overlapping then you would run into problems with the translucent vinyl because overlapping it like regular will show through as a darker strip where they double up. If it's something like text that doesn't actually touch then no problem or if it's not translucent vinyl then also no issues. 

It is a lighted sign but he said it won't be lit.  The plexiglass is a white plexiglass and yes it will go outside.  The vinyl will be cut in two pieces but no overlapping will be needed. 

Also I will not have to remove any vinyl from plexiglass.  I will basically cut, weed, tape and apply and walk away.  The weeding will be very easy on this. 

If its very simple, straight 751 and you aren't doing anything other than a ground install to the plexiglass (and not removing an old sign), then $300 is very fair IMO

$400.00 using a minimum of 751. Your customer probably won't be talking highly of you, if you use good material. But, they will sure talk bad, if it starts looking like crap in a year, or two, because you didn't. 

Well I gave the gentleman a quote for $425 with 751.  As I figured it was way higher than he expected.  After looking at my materials and time I would really hate to do the job for any less.  He said he was going to hold off for now but I will be surprised if he doesn't go pay half that for a low quality vinyl. 

We will see. 

Well I gave the gentleman a quote for $425 with 751.  As I figured it was way higher than he expected.  After looking at my materials and time I would really hate to do the job for any less.  He said he was going to hold off for now but I will be surprised if he doesn't go pay half that for a low quality vinyl. 

We will see. 

Why so high?

Simple graphic that size would be about $150.  Add in about 2-3 hours of labor and you're only at $270-$330.

He's doing all the hard work by pulling down the sign and removing all the old vinyl. 

• Like 1