Rudymartinez21

MacBook an USCutter

Can I connect a MacBook laptop to a USCutter ? Just to b able to go mobile an use cutter anywhere an always because my home computer is slow an not working . Need help !!!

You cannot use a Mac  on a MH series cutter, as they are not Mac compatible...  And it would also depend on which cutting software you are using,,,  Not all are Mac compatible...

MH cutters are not Mac compatible...  And most on here will tell you to jump up to at least an SC or a Laser pointer11  for better quality , and less headaches,,,   MH cutters have limited memory, and prone to static problems,, 

Mhcutter I have been using for over a year no issues only problem is my computer slow an always have problems with an need to get online for pix or ideas

Surecuts a lot 3 software is what I have

well that is Mac compatible,  but MH cutters are not.   I have purchased several great XP computers from EBAY for under $100 free ship..  Maybe time to do some shopping...

I have used Toshiba Satellite laptops since 2006.... with XP..  I run my business off of one.   Last 2 I have purchased were  $75.00  FREE ship,  One for me one for a friend...

Get an external hard drive or a flash drive to put your pix on..  Maybe check why the other is so slow...  Are you bogging it down with stuff?  

It does not take a fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter.   My computers are old  and  basic..But I don't have them loaded with a bunch of crap that bogs my computer down either..  It is dedicated to my business only... Get the stuff off that bogs your computer down.. and put it on a flash drive or an external hard drive.   Then put it back to factory default...

You might also want to run some anti virus programs...They may have attacked your computer.    Bleepingcomputer.com has a good one.  It takes off stuff that others don't.   I have had to use it before, when I got into sites that I shouldn't have.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Im gonna be different and tell you NOT to get a different computer but find a different cutter. I had to shop around to find a Mac compatible but Im extremely happy that I did. Windows and I don't get along very well. Granted I use a Microsoft Surface and run Windows 8 at work (not by choice) and don't have many problems...I prefer the ease of Mac OS and love not having to worry about viruses. 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Moody Blue" data-cid="395014" data-time="1432661609"><p>

Im gonna be different and tell you NOT to get a different computer but find a different cutter. I had to shop around to find a Mac compatible but Im extremely happy that I did. Windows and I don't get along very well. Granted I use a Microsoft Surface and run Windows 8 at work (not by choice) and don't have many problems...I prefer the ease of Mac OS and love not having to worry about viruses.</p></blockquote>

Today, 05:55 PM

That's way I want to run with MacBook I'm being giving to me for that reason the virus problems . What's cheaper ? New cutter or used laptop ?

That's way I want to run with MacBook I'm being giving to me for that reason the virus problems . What's cheaper ? New cutter or used laptop ?

It depends on quality of either one. You can buy cheap plotters and cheap computers. Personally I went with a cheaper model plotter (PCUT) because I was just starting out in the decal world and didn't know if it was something I would continue with or not so I didn't wanna drop but a few hundred $$. I use it almost every day and still going strong after 3 years. Im a graphic designer by trade so I didn't want to "downgrade" my computer cause that's how I pay the bills lol. To each their own though. I will be investing in a new cutter/printer and all in the future but again will be searching for something that can run off Mac and still be a quality machine. 

What's good way to search for cutter that can b used on Mac laptop ? Would u know ? I just started doing this myself an stickers too an now doing vinyl for tshirts an hoodies an stuff like that. An I friend just gave me a Mac laptop an would love to use for that an be mobile with it also if that chance came up

The only cutter that is not Mac compatible on UScutter is the MH series... Go from there,  It is only UP from there.   Read the specs, if buying else where. 

• Like 1

I design on a mac and mostly cut from a laptop but do so because of my particular space layout. One alternative you might check into is if you can have a copy of your SCALP on both the laptop and the windows pc. I don't remember enough about the program to recall if it comes with both formats on the install disc or not. If so you could do your design work on the laptop then just take the file on a thumb drive to your widows computer and cut from SCALP there. The only one that will need to be actually talking to the cutter is the one on the windows pc but there might be restrictions getting the copy to operate properly on the mac not sure. The Craft Edge support team may be of help on that if you tell them your dilemma. I run SignCut Pro which is both mac and windows compatible and design in Adobe Illustrator on my mac. There is a lot of investment in time and money to use the other programs so it may be cost prohibitive to explore outside the box. 

Another cost free option might be to download Inkscape (free open source vector program) and do your designs on that program on your mac laptop then go ahead and transfer them to your SCALP on the windows to cut. Not sure the import format you would need to end up saving to in order to make that circle but I can almost guarantee it will work. 

Does anyone know if the MH will cut on Windows via Bootcamp?  You could try installing Windows 7 via bootcamp and then cut on an MH.  Personally, I spent the extra few bucks and got the LPII.  But bootcamp may be an option if you aren't interested in a dedicated Windows laptop.

I don't see why it wouldn't work.  But I never went that route.  I invested a little more and purchased the SC model which worked pretty good via SignCut Pro.  I only stopped using it because I upgraded to a Graphtec CE6000 and that software was glitchy with that model.

I am in the same boat. I have always worked on a Mac but just inherited a MH721-MK2. I was hoping i could use my Macbook but know it is a lost cause. I was planning on buying a simple laptop just to run the plotter but wasn't sure what specs the laptop needed and which software i should run on the laptop for plotting.