Sign in to follow this  
CyberSultan

Copam Ballpont Pen Holder + Pen

Has anyone with a Copam ever used one of these?

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Copam-Ballpont-Pen-Holder-Pen_p_7-20.html

I was thinking something like this would be great for making signs for my kids, where it outlines words and graphics on something like butcher paper (for things like school)...where the kids can color in the lettering.  Would like to hear how well it works from anyone currently using one.

Edit:  Looks like they have one for the Refine model, also.  http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Refine-Ballpont-Pen-Holder-Pen-_p_6-118.html

I used mine (came with cutter) to try out design sizes before I cut them.  After I figured out how to tile the designs correctly I haven't used it so much.  It is really fun to watch though!

Haven't tried it yet but I hope to in the near future.  What unit do you have Polarkiss??

I bought one about 2 weeks ago just for the heck of it, but havent tried it yet. I'll let you know when I do

I used mine (came with cutter) to try out design sizes before I cut them.  After I figured out how to tile the designs correctly I haven't used it so much.  It is really fun to watch though!

Is it standard to get one with the Copam cutters?  I just ordered a Copam 24" the other day...and it is scheduled to arrive on Friday!  I can't wait. ;)  If the pen holder + pen doesn't come with the cutter, it's not terribly expensive...so I may get one if others have had good success with it.

It didnt come with mine so I dont think its standard, the blade holder also holds the pen so you only need the pen. They say you can use a regular pen if you get one the right size. BTW I love my 24" copam

I bought one about 2 weeks ago just for the heck of it, but havent tried it yet. I'll let you know when I do

Let me know when you do.  I would be really interested in getting that feedback.  Thanks. ;)

Ok I had the chance to try the pen. It works great! I would recommend it if you wanted to draw out your images. Set your pressure to the lowest setting I ran it on 50 very happy with results  :)

I decided to order it and recently received it in the mail.  Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, though.  Hopefully in the next day or so.  I'll let everyone know how I like it once I test it out.

So I've had a chance to test it now.  Pretty slick.  I like it.  I can see this as a nice way to test out an image on paper before I go to vinyl.  That way it's cheap if I make any mistakes.  Now all I need to do is get some butcher paper so that I can test larger outputs.  The butcher paper would also come in handy at making paper banners for the kids (I do the lettering and graphics and they color them up). ;D

Thanks for the update..... I'm hoping to get one of those as well, well after my application tape holder, another blade holder....etc...you get the picture.  I have a LONG want/need list right now!

What type of regular pen has anyone used that work with the Copam 4050?

I avoided the route of a regular pen and went with the holder...as the holder fits perfectly in the Copam (no chance of sliding around).  I love it!  It's really nice because I can see ahead of time if I made ANY mistakes in the vector image.  I have caught a few things already that I really couldn't see on the screen...and was able to fix them before going to vinyl.  So it has already saved me a bit of vinyl (and $$).  B)