Sign in to follow this  
T.WOOD

cutting same image over and over

I have the sc 34" cutter with scalpro  ive been using it for the past week and its been fine. running it off my Toshiba windows laptop using the usb cord. tonight I went to cut some stuff and its doing multiple cuts over the same image. I have multiple cuts set to off and no layers. I tried using an image ive already cut a few times without a problem and its doing the same thing on those too.  

Not that it matters in your case but I once had several hundred files do that. Somehow they became corrupted on the hard drive and for a long long time every file I opened I had to remove a Second layer and resave. Never did find the original cause.

I just had this same issue with my SC 24. There are no additional layers, and its doing it with previously successful files. My computer is usb only, no serial port. Any suggestions? I hate having to babysit it and hit the reset button when it starts recutting

the problem seems to be when I design in photoshop and use SCALP3 to trace the image. But today is the first time Ive had that issue. I wrote "test" in SCALP3 and it cut fine. I wrote "test" in photoshop and then traced the image with SCALP3 and it did the repeat cuts

I would uncompound/break the design apart and take a closer look. Post the traced test file and I will check it for you.

I found the issue. I'm guessing there was some color in one of my files somewhere because the "Multicolor" option was selected in the auto trace menu. I changed that back to "monocromatic" and all is well now.

• Like 2