Sign in to follow this  
theshmo891

Brand New MH 871-MK2 Issues - Nothing Cuts properly

Yes, too long of blade exposed will lift up the vinyl, and skip..  You should only be cutting with the blade tip.. Barely see or feel the blade tip   What kind of vinyl is that?

Set the blade correctly, and use the force of your machine, not more blade exposed.

• Like 1

10-4 Its just the Greenstar stuff that came with the starter package. I will be upgrading once I get it down. What angle blade is suggested? I plan on buying more soon

10-4 Its just the Greenstar stuff that came with the starter package. I will be upgrading once I get it down. What angle blade is suggested? I plan on buying more soon

Yeah, it looked like Greenstar....  I use 45 degree, Never have problems with sign vinyl    Some use 60 degree.

Skeeter and Dakota are hitting it right on the head. Too much blade does strange things that you wouldn't expect. Over cut just drags the knife a little farther at the end of the cut line to compensate for the angle of the knife blade which is offset from the center of the blade usually in the neighborhood of .45mm . Some machines need it some must compensate within their own programming. I would suggest trying a number that is about the same as your blade offset to see what the results are and then dial it more or less from there. 

Download Signblazer, try to import the logo. It doesn't do anything! I tried the .ai, .svg, .eps, .pvw and all I get is a blank screen. It will pop up the prompt on how I want it to render AI files. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes the bar completes on the bottom and boom-empty window. Am I missing something?

Download Signblazer, try to import the logo. It doesn't do anything! I tried the .ai, .svg, .eps, .pvw and all I get is a blank screen. It will pop up the prompt on how I want it to render AI files. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes the bar completes on the bottom and boom-empty window. Am I missing something?

Whoah -- we're jumping ahead of ourselves here.

First of all -- are the letters S and O completing their cuts with SBE? You were in the middle of troubleshooting that issue, and the suggestion was made to try another cutting program in order to see if that would resolve the problem of cuts not finishing.

Now, you are talking about a logo, which had never been mentioned before in this thread.

It would be best to begin a new thread about that ----  using the appropriate category (SignBlazer software).

Before you do, however, I'll recommend you do a search about importing AI.

There is a substantial body of information about SignBlazer not handling AI files past version 8.