angwinters

New here with a question

Hi, 

I'm new to the cutter world. :)  I have not purchased one yet. I'm looking and reading trying to get as much info as I can get. What I am trying to find out is How would I go about making a logo with 3 colors out of vinyl and then cutting it? 

I'm going to try to attach the logo. 

Thank you,

Angie Winters

Welcome.

That font is going to be a PITA to weed.

Also the small details in the bows.

Suggest that you 'solidify' those elements, and eliminate the little pieces.

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

3 colors of vinyl is usually layered.  The use of registration marks will allow you to properly align the colors. 

In the above logo I would agree with slice&dice that it would be extremely hard to weed the decal because of the font and the bow details.  

• Like 1

:huh: 

One good thing about that font...

if you mess it up no one will know!

The bow strings and details on the other hand will be

difficult to produce.

Sue2

In the example if white is the third color, you would need to create an outline for the white to establish an overall silhouette, then you would have a choice of cutting the black and orange/red and laying one color over the other where they overlap or trimming one color at their junction to produce a three color graphic with two layers of vinyl. It all depends on what you believe appears more appealing.

As stated by others if this is to be a decal sized product the design will prove frustrating if cut due to the narrow lines and would probably be better printed on white and then having the overall silhouette contour cut. Then again, if this is 2' X 6' on a banner, that's another story. 

• Like 1

I want to fill all the holes in the font and the bow, but I don't know anything about the software. I am trying to get info on it all before I buy it because this will be the main thing I need the cutter and software for.  I plan on doing other things with the machine also but I need to know if this is able to be done. I tired to find videos to help but I haven't found any.  I will probably be needing this design in a lot of different sizes to put on different things. I will need lots of help! 

Thank you for all the answers so far! 

Angie Winters

Hi again, Angie.

Two quick things ---

1. Download and install SignBlazer.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

The trick is to master "Node Editing" --- (and of course, vectorizing)

2. Don't bother filling-in the holes within that font, just retype it with a matching solid font (you might want to ask what font that is, in the Font Requests section here)

• Like 1

I'm coming up with a distressed version of FF TradeMarker OT Bold Italic font.  But can't find it in the distressed style.  Can only find the standard version for sale.

If you are going to use SCALP (if that what comes with your new plotter) then just break apart the text and grab all of the distress holes and throw them away and merge them then they will be solid. Then edit the nodes.

Donn

post-36365-0-94346400-1410830004_thumb.j