Go-C Graphics

It's amazing how much you learn in 6 months

Just wanted to share.  

For all those people asking about which cutter to get.  

One of my first jobs was doing a 12"x18" customer courtesy decal on the sides of 2 cars.  

It had a 2 color Kia logo and their phone number.  

At the time I had a MH-871 plotter. It took me FOREVER to design it, setup the plotter, cut it, and apply app tape.  

I had to make many adjustments to that cutter.  I had to recut several times because I messed up taping it.  

I was just nervous and just being a newbie

Then the install......

It seriously took me an hour per car to put on these simple decals.  

The app tape wouldn't let go of the vinyl.  I squeegeed that thing for 30 min. straight.  I wet the paper and that made it worse. That caused the vinyl to lift from the window even easier.

I some how lost my registration marks.

It took me so long I ended up finishing the job in the dark.  

It was an extremely frustrating job.  

Lets fast forward to today.  

The same dealer got 2 more cars.   

The design was done so I didn't have to worry about that.  

But now I have a Graphtec.  THERE IS NO SETUP.

I simple load in a roll of vinyl and push a button.  The cutter then measures the size and automatically moves the vinyl to a position where it's ready to cut.  

Push cut and......................  walk away.  

Over the last 6 months I've learned technique that make it easier to tape. 

I've switched to 4076RLA tape and it's amazing how much of a difference it made.  

The install took me 15 min a car this time.  

Overall it was an awesome feeling knowing that the same job took me no time at all to complete.  

Newbies hang in there.  It gets easier with time and practice.   

• Like 8

My taping is much better - so far no installs since the one customer I have for a race car does it himself - DESIGN is a nightmare for me since I am learning SignBlazer.  Love my work space.  Trying to use up scraps and do some etching for gifts and hopefully sell for Christmas.  Your comment gives me encouragement. 

Thanks for posting this and letting us newbies know there is light at the end of the tunnel if we just keep at it.

• Like 1

I love my Graphtec Ce5000-60.

I am eventually going to get one of those MH 14" cutters, just for fun, and the free version of SCALP.

I think the 14" mh cutter will probably be alot harder to set up and a pain in the butt to run, but its cheap and more mobile than my graphtec..

And year, this is my 2nd year now doing this stuff, cutting it myself, ive been designing and applying stuff for many years, just had a local company make/cut them for me, now that i have my own cutter, i cut out the middle man there. I still rely on someone when i need printing tho.

There are 2 big things to learn in this business, patience and quality. You need to be patient with your designs and with growing your business. You need quality products and quality customer service to make it.

Skills come with experience, experience comes with practice.

Many people on here have been doing this stuff for 10+ years, and they are still learning new stuff!!

• Like 3

Samething with me I started with a mh721. I would be cutting a design then try to walk away big mistake. I come back thinking design was finished but the stupid thing hit the reset button now wasted material.got a laserpoint 1 for it to only do the samething tracking on these machines is horrible. My letters were not as crisp. Got a graphtec and was in heaven. Measures the width and dont have no stupid reset button on the side. tracking got to love it and arms is a breeze. Im about 6 months with you and learned a lot on here and trial and error. First install was a friend store front took for ever. Next time 30 minutes and that was bsing around. I say stick in there newbs and save your money and upgrade asap.

Also my graphtec cuts 164 feet.

Mh 721 only 8 feet long

Laserpoint 1 cut 15 feet (I dont know if the 1&2 is the same but this is the laser 2 setting.

Im also go get the graphtec ce6000-40 after using the best I cant go back to a stepper motor from a servo. Plus if someone looks a see oh its a graphtec ce6000 the look it up and go wow thats to much lol.

This was the job.  

I went from a 1 hour install down to a 15 min install.  

It was so fast I through in a quick department hour sign on the window.  post-69458-0-47734500-1408814182_thumb.jpost-69458-0-47001700-1408814183_thumb.j

• Like 1

Like!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you KIA designs. Is the kia part layered red over white or contour cut?

Like!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you KIA designs. Is the kia part layered red over white or contour cut?

White oval...........  with red vinyl Kia on top of it.