MichaelTumey

.AI file import to Flexipro 8.1 - inside cuts don't show up.

Hello, I need help...

I use Flexisign Pro 8.1, though I usually created my files in Xara Xtreme Pro 4 and export as .AI, to import to Flexisign Pro 8.1 - it usually works fine. I have a Graphtec CE8000-60 as my cutter.

I have a logo design that has the letters cut as an interior with outlines outside of it (so there's inside and outside cut lines) - it shows up fine in Flexisign when I import it. However, when I send it to the cutter only the outside cutlines show up. I've tried to export the interior lines as a separate .AI file then place inside the other graphic, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Below is a JPG of what the file looks like - and what I am shooting for to get cut. Also is a link to the .AI file in question.

e-j-anderson.jpg

The .AI file is linked here.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Michael

If the file looks good in flexi, try checking the box for cut all colors. It may be showing up a 2 colors, white letters with a black outlinewith backing.

Are you trying to put the white on top of the black? I'm a little confused. Also that text should brought together and then welded.

Small world also I have relation that live in Ottawa.

@mfatty500 - no, there's only black vinyl with the interior cut removed, there is no second color. These are truck door graphics and the vehicle is white, so I am placing cut letters of the outline only with the white of the truck showing through the cut out.

Ok, what Kal259 said go into production manager and you will find the selection there, That Kal259 suggested.

You need to go the third icon below properties and where it shows "send all colors" unclick send all colors. And click on the the color on the right which you wish to cut, Gray (white) or Black.

I don't use flexi so I can't comment on that side but I opened the AI file at work with CS2 and all the elements had stroked lines. Maybe that is causing you issues. The black background doesn't and shouldn't have the inner parts of the letters if your cutting this with vinyl so I think it's good to go assuming you are doing a black with white overlay. I dropped out the stoke on the attached version. Try it out. (this is in the older CS2 version)

edit< whoops I just read you lower post about it being one color. If you just cut all the colors at once you can weed out accordingly or use the minus front to remove the white (in illustrator). Let me know if you need more help>

e-j-andersonnostroke.ai

I have it in flexi if you want it, Wild Goose we must posting at dang near the same time. It won't let me post a Flexi file, weird

Thanks, Wildgoose, I'll try out your version. I can remove the stroke from my original file - I didn't notice if I left the stroke on or not.

As an aside, I know lots of people who use Flexi, but create all their graphics in Illustrator. Xara Designer Pro 9 (the latest version of the software I use) is a ton easier to use, faster, and very little memory hogging than Illustrator, plus I use it for other things than just sign work - I much prefer it to Illustrator, and I am experienced using Illustrator. When not doing signs or other normal graphics work, I am a fantasy cartographer, that is I create maps for RPG game publishers. If you're at all interested in this sideline of mine, you can visit my G+ community to see what I do... :)

Nice work on the RPG stuff. Looks like a kick. Graphically I spend most of my efforts on the other side of the coin doing 2D vector work for signs. Started out doing file conversions from raster images for folks who have lost or never had their svg files. The 3D side is intense for sure. Glad to hear you are experienced. We get a lot of traffic through the forum who just don't know the best way to get from point A to point B so I try to help when I have time. 

• Like 1