Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

a little help

hello i came home today and found this sitting on my table.. (wife got it) i have a small booklet with it and i read everything throughout about 3-4 times and was wondering does anyone have one like this or know anything about it. It had paramount press on the box and was told its called a power press. its a 15x15 and i got it working but it comes on heats up it has a temp button that goes up to 250 Celsius and has timer on it but when it starts off it counts down from 20ish and the top temp goes up to 253 and the bottom stays at 250 then when it gets warm i guess it has a light that says out and it flashes(so im guessing it heats up and cuts off so it wont get to hot?) im not sure about it but here are some pictures of  the temp and the press any help would be great i dont want to have to send it back or sell it because it was a present from her to me. 

post-17596-0-96105600-1390623686_thumb.j

post-17596-0-28200000-1390623694_thumb.j

I have one very similar.. it is working like it is supposed too. That timer is reminds you to take garment out.. yea I know sounds silly to have a timer for only 20 seconds.. but trust me, it will save you down the road.. as for it getting hotter, that is a small increase, so I wouldn't worry.. Mine has a temp of c and f, but you can go get a chart that converts the 2 of them.. (Google).. just set your temp for say 300 F, get some siser easy weed, adjust your timer (I do 25 seconds on my shirts at 300 degrees) but follow recommendations.. and your set..  if you have any questions, feel free to ask..

You might want to pick up a decent infrared temp gun. Don't be too cheap because I have heard the Harbor freight thermometers are off about as bad as a lot of heat presses are. My press is a different brand but it was off a long way from what the temp gauge said. If you get the temp about right or a little higher than recommended (Siser is mostly 305*, I do mine about 10* hotter so it never dips below the recommended) You can make a lot of extra cash with that thing believe me! You already have a cutter and the process is basically the same for custom vinyl shirts.