Sign in to follow this  
Belin

HELP PLEASE- Refine Mh721..Can It CONTOUR...Yes or No

I think I originally posted this in the wrong forum...My Apologies...So I will post it here and hope I can get some help...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys

my name is Belin. Im from Australia. Im female (I Know. Maybe your thinking Dumb Blonde...LOL)..Not at all (Blonde anyhow)
This is my first post here and i have several questions but let me start with a little Plotter background for my first problem..

As i said I have a Refine MH721 Plotter without Optical Eye and i have ARTCUT2009 & Flei 10 software.

The flexi 10 software has the CONTOUR CUT ability built into it but i keep hearing conflicting views on whether or not my plotter can actually do CONTOUR CUTTING.

So instead of making this a ONE QUESTION post....i will add another

But This Simple Question FIRST

CAN A REFINE MH721 connecting with FLEXI 10 SOFTWARE DO CONTOUR CUTTING

YES or NO

2nd Question...

If the answer is NO to the first question...Then this 2nd Question is redundant

HOW CAN I SEND THE REGISTRATION MARKS POSITION TO THE SOFTWARE

2 Questions in one thread is enough for me to handle at one time....LOL

a little more....I can successfully create a product in Flexi 10 with Contour procedures right up to the point of when you hit SEND....
Then the INTERACTIVE MANUAL BOX appears....Click OK....
Then the POSITION BOX pops up and i cant manually get my plotter to accept the movement signals from the Flexi 10 software...

I am told i can do it manually on the plotter by selecting a ORIGIN POINT then moving to Registration Marl (1) one and then checking the X & Y axis measurents on the display window on the plotter then manually put them into the POSITIONAL BOX one registration mark at a time in Flexi 10 Software....

Ok that contains more than the planned original 2 Questions 

But please guys ...help out a little Aussie girl that is just learning this Plotter Game...

My ultimate aim is to simply PRINT Graphics on A4 Sticker Paper & contour Cut around the outside of the Sticker Graphics...Thats all i want to really do

Any help would be extremely appreciated

I sit glued to this thread refreshing it awaiting answers....LOL

Regards Belin

Not an MH user myself, but remember. Your first post for this was at 3AM (EST).

Ain't a lot of people up at that time.

Don't worry, you will get an answer.

Not an MH user myself, but remember. Your first post for this was at 3AM (EST).

Ain't a lot of people up at that time.

Don't worry, you will get an answer.

Ah yeah. I forgot about America. LOL

duplicate post.  already answered in the other post.  Yes, with serial connection

Thank you Mr Skeeter

I know it was a duplicate post which I realised after posting in the wrong forum. My Apologies

This Keyspan adapter you speak of...I know its a Dumb Question...

But which end does the USB go into...The Computer or the Cutter

And then once connected that way all should be good and the plotter should move using the arrow keys to registration marks...Is That Correct?

yes

Ok thank you..

Would you be in agreeance with Mr Skeeter that I need the Keyspan Adapter

Or do you have another method...

You could also use a serial card in your computer, if you don't have a serial connection on your computer.

The USB end of the Keyspan Adapter goes into your computer.

PM sent to you. 

You could also use a serial card in your computer, if you don't have a serial connection on your computer.

The USB end of the Keyspan Adapter goes into your computer.

PM sent to you. 

Got your PM and replied.

Huh!...why would i need a Serial Card on my computer when its the USB end that attaches to the computer..

I simply plug in the USB end of the Keyspan to the computer and the serial port end to the cutter....

Is that correct?:huh:?

serial card eliminates the need for the Keyspan and provides a rock solid connection. If serial is not available Keyspan is the next best option with straight usb being at the bottom of the list for trouble-free use.

serial card eliminates the need for the Keyspan and provides a rock solid connection. If serial is not available Keyspan is the next best option with straight usb being at the bottom of the list for trouble-free use.

Ah ok...Got it now

My computer is brand new only 4 days ago..(the old one had a Stroke...LOL)

I dont think it has a serial port outlet on it...I will need to check

i know it has dual screen facilities and USB outlets...

I will check

Serial ports are actually getting hard to find factory installed in pc's. Some will add one just for their cutter but the Keyspan adapter does a respectable job as well.

Serial ports are actually getting hard to find factory installed in pc's. Some will add one just for their cutter but the Keyspan adapter does a respectable job as well.

On my MH721 cutter i have to imputs..

a smaller COM PORT and a Larger LPT PORT

Which one needs to be connected to the Keyspan adapter

Here is 2 pictures...

one is the connections available on my MH721 plotter..

the other is a USB to 25 pin female connector...

Im aware that the plotter also has a 25 pin female plug which would mean if my assumption is correct i would only need a MALE to MALE 25 piun connecting cable...

Will this work???

or is there something built into the Keyspan adaptor that is required?

Regards Belin

post-84212-0-59708100-1388788348_thumb.j

post-84212-0-51415500-1388788349_thumb.j

Most   new value cutters like the Refine MH cutters,  already come with a serial  cable as well as a USB cable. Didn't yours?  Use the serial cable that came with your vinyl cutter to connect to the Keyspan Adapter. then to your cutter.

The keyspan adapter helps to regulate the flow of information so that it doesn't just bury the cutter and overrun the memory like a usb only connection can. I'm sure there is more to it that someone with more knowledge can offer insight on but in a nutshell it helps control the flow of information.

• Like 1

The problem im having with uploading pictures is this software only takes up to 1000KB....so let me try this

these are the 2 products i have found locally..

being the dumb little aussie girl....i just want to CONFIRM with you guys if these are the correct products.

Mz Skeeter has been a wealth of knowledge. A real asset to a forum such as this....When i grow up I want to be just like Mz Skeeter...LOL

Anyhow here are the pictures of the 2 products I can get my hands on today

post-84212-0-07602800-1388790764.jpg

post-84212-0-76130100-1388790764_thumb.j

also please remember im playing with the Dreaded Windows 8...so i hope that software will be compatible

Terrible photo of the ports.

Take another one, please.

Hope this one is better

post-84212-0-03646400-1388791238_thumb.j

Most   new value cutters like the Refine MH cutters,  already come with a serial  cable as well as a USB cable. Didn't yours?  Use the serial cable that came with your vinyl cutter to connect to the Keyspan Adapter. then to your cutter.

No it did not come with a serial cable

IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF....LOL

I sent you the set up instructions for the Keyspan Adapter. It says you need  Null serial cable (either 9-pin to 9-pin or 9-pin to 25-pin) 

So you have to find that to connect to the Keyspan Adapter. 

I sent you the set up instructions for the Keyspan Adapter. It says you need  Null serial cable (either 9-pin to 9-pin or 9-pin to 25-pin) 

So you have to find that to connect to the Keyspan Adapter. 

Yes indeed you did....

and I have ordered that 9 PIN to 25 PIN adapter as shown in pictures above....

so im going with your instructions....

Well as long as you purchased the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter that I showed you, and and a 9pin to 9pin or 9pin to 25 pin null serial cable, then it will work.     You cannot use just a regular Usb to serial connector.  It will not work.   It must be the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/331064546611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d14fc1533