Sign in to follow this  
cjb

freakin' idiot

i was a freakin idiot! i bought my cutter from us cutter and thought the day it arrived i would open the box and the machine and stand would set itself up and run!well it DID NOT!i actually had to do those things and read the learning guide!most importantly i found the BEST FORUM on the planet and read all the post and guess what my mh721 runs flawlessly now!!a remarkable machine !and less than 400 bucks with shipping!yes I WASTED vinyl and got frustrated but switching from the unstable usb connection to serial on my laptop solved my issues! a 40.00 fix.well worth it!TANK YOU USCUTTER  AND ALL THE GREAT GUYS AND GALS THAT POST ON THIS FORUM!........cjb ;)

I'll tell you this forum always continues to help, but when we first set up our Copam it was this Forum & Ken that got us up and cutting in no time.  Can't find a better group of people!!

Jenny

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your cutter and for $40.00 you are up and running flawlessly.

All's well that ends well,as they say! Post some pics of your work!

Ken...maybe Marcus might be prudent to start selling the usb/serial adapter in the store too.

I am a believer that the USB connection is the root of most of the problems with these cutters.  When I switched to a serial connection, all my problems went away as well.

I agree and thankfully,I think the p-cuts at least now come with serial.

Oddly enough, I run my refine with USB,and a USB extension as well,no problems at all once I figured out that the vibration from the cutter itself was causing the usb cable to wiggle back and forth,breaking the connection. Not a very tight fit,really.

I cut small decals,huge runs for banners...never had it stop on me,or do the 'waiting' thing...

I think this forum is the best costumer service I could imagine. So many educated (as in they screwed up first) people to help us all along our way.

I second the THANKS!!!