Ok so I bought a hat press, and have some hats to get done. here is my issue.. I get crimp marks in the hat cause it looks like the hat does not touch the pad on the bottom of the hat press. Hats are a 6 panel structured hat. Any ideas on how to buil up the middle about a 1/4 in to 5/16 in to solve this issue?

You might be able to use part of a mouse pad to build it up. Are you using a swing away style press? If so I have found that if I move it side to side as I'm lowering the last bit that it helps everything lay flat.

You might be able to use part of a mouse pad to build it up. Are you using a swing away style press? If so I have found that if I move it side to side as I'm lowering the last bit that it helps everything lay flat.

Have been able to find any mouse pads lately. everything is optical now. Gonna try Staples tomorrow I guess

Usually you can find some at the local dollar store with some stupid print on them . Maybe cut up an old sweatshirt to help level out the pad.

• Like 1

Usually you can find some at the local dollar store with some stupid print on them . Maybe cut up an old sweatshirt to help level out the pad.

Thanks Jay

I even used a folded up handkerchief once. The only problem I had with using something in the middle was the sides of the curve didn't get as good of pressure on the press doing this so I ended up getting an additional press pad that was the right size. I needed a smaller one for the structured hats I was pressing.