Sign in to follow this  
jmerrill07

My mh721 just stoped

:huh::angry: >:( >:(Can someone please help Me.  I just bought a MH721 on e-bay I got it four days ago. I got it all up and running and the part that holds the blade just stopped working. now it just hums and wont  move. is this just a crappy machine or am I doing something wrong becaus it has been working fine.  Please let me know right away!!!!!

We seem to have run into the same problem with the same cutter today. We purchased ours on ebay also. We ran one order this morning and when we were ready to process the next order it would not begin. We turn it on and it goes to the welcome screen, but no futher and the box that the blade is attached to just hums...it will not move! We need some assistance with this immediately! We have orders to fill ASAP! Please respond with a solution quickly!

Thanks!

I've sent you an email with our hours and contact info. Please give us a call or email so we can diagnose the problem and get the issue resolved.

So why is this happening ..? Let us all know .. I may have to cancel If people are having this kinds of troubles .... PLease give a update ... I do not want to order, than just to have it breakdown in 31 days and im out the cash ..Or worst yet I have to buy parts for it ....like a used car dealer ... I sure hope not  :angry::huh:

BEARDOWN

This is the 3rd or fourth time that I have read this and it sure is not convicing I will tell you that  :angry:

Having read through the board,then I'm sure you have noticed how quickly these people work to try to resolve the problems.And I have not seen one complaint of being charged to get their cutters back up.When you have machine built with assembly line parts,like almost every machine made,there are times when the parts are not right.But like I said.I haven't seen complaints from anyone about service support or charges.Just my .02.

Bill

Hello, I just wanted to give an update on this issue before the holiday. I have worked with a few customers that have had this same problem with the motor. Keep in mind that this has only been a problem on a few plotters out of the hundreds that we have sold recently. We are working to take care of those customers, and I don't mean that in a Soprano?s kind of way  :huh:

I have been corresponding with the manufacturer about possible resolutions to this problem. One obvious thing to check is that the carriage has not jumped off the track. I have seen this happen to a few customers and it can easily be resolved by pushing up on the carriage to set it back on the tracks. We are expecting a plotter back that has had this motor issue. As soon as we get it I will be able to physically diagnose what the problem is and update everyone. We are closed over the holidays so please be patient. I will let everyone know as soon as we know something.

In addition to resolving this we are constantly working with the manufacturer to improve the product. As an example the new plotters now have a standard square USB connector rather than a 9 pin. There are more improvements coming in the future and they will be posted under the announcements section once they are implemented.

I have received a plotter back that had the motor humming issue. I've determined that it is definitely not a problem with the motor although it appears that way. The motor hums or vibrates and acts as if it does not have enough power to move or operate properly. I tried three different motors and they all do the same thing; but they function normally when connected to another plotter. Overall I have only seen one motor lock up out of the hundreds of plotters we've sold.

When I replaced the motherboard this resolved the issue. I've run some test cuts and moved the carriage back and forth to verify that the plotter is functioning normally. Additionally I have received feedback from another customer that had this problem was fixed by replacing the motherboard. I'll run some more test cuts on the plotter next week to make sure this resolution has truly fixed the problem. I'm not sure what in the motherboard is malfunctioning but I plan to send these parts back to the manufacturer so they can resolve the issue, if there is an issue at that level. I would like to stress again the importance of using a surge protector and setting up the ground on the plotter, please see this post for more information on that.

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=46.0

If anyone else has this problem please contact us immediately so we can take action to resolve the problem for you.

Hello Hacker, I think I talked to you today about this but if not please send me an email or give us a call between 9-3 pacific time.

Hello, glad to hear everything is working good now. You can mail us the old board and as soon as we get it we'll process the refund. Here is the address.

Selltopia

4134 148th Ave NE

Redmond, WA 98052

I just had the same problem with mine. Is there a solution to this problem yet??

I have several projects I need to complete.

Chuck

Hello, you can email me directly with your contact info and details on the problem so we can work out a solution or arrange for a parts replacement.

Mine quit the other day and I ordered a new stepper motor and recieved it and that didnt fix the problem. I called back and then I was told I needed a new motherboard. I was under the impression that I had a one year warranty when I bought the cutter from EBAY. I have only had i for 5 months. I was told that If you buy it from ebay there is only a 30 day warranty, you only get a year if you buy it from this site. No one told me this or I would have bought it. I have ordered the motherboard so now I have had to spend 150 dollars on replacement parts for a 5 month old plotter. Thats ridiculous. I shouldnt have to pay for any of it.

Our warranty policies are clearly stated on the ebay auctions. Unfortunately most people do not read through details on the auction before purchasing. We can not force people to read this or be held accountable for people who don?t want to take the time to read it.

You should always contact us before ordering a part to ensure that it is the correct part you are ordering. If you ordered a motor that you didn't need you can return it to us and we'll refund the purchase minus shipping.

I did call and told them what was wrong and they said i needed the motor. i got screwed out of 18 dollars for shipping it to me and then sending it back. it shouldnt have torn up after 5 months anyway. Its obviously a common problem. if you cared about your customers you would replace it free or issue a recall notice. you have been aware of this problem and done nothing to fix it.

well darn to bad luck for me i guess :'( my cutter just did the same thing you all are talking about, worked fine yesterday then i shut it of and turned it back on to cut some more and BAM all it says is welcome, lol welcome for what, welcome now im broke down or what lol well anyways hopefully someone will help me solve this problem soon

So i guess what i was reading up above is that i have no warrenty since i bought it from Ebay over 30 days ago? Well it looks like i will have a nice paper weight :'(  :angry:

You say to make sure it is grounded ? Is it not grounded through the plug ?

I just got my cutter on Saturday before something happens can you please tell me  how to ground it if it is  not grounded  through the plug ??

I have the cutter in a room with carpet is this no good ? I don't have any other place to put it. :angry:

Kevin

So i guess what i was reading up above is that i have no warrenty since i bought it from Ebay over 30 days ago? Well it looks like i will have a nice paper weight :'(  :angry:

US Cutter has been offering a 180 day warranty for some time...thats around 6 months if my math is right. The 30 days is 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee