unorthodox1318

Question about Cutter connection

Hello guys, I'm new too cutting, and my standard USB cable is cutting sloppy letters and images, so I was wondering.. Would this cable work with a cutter, I don't want to spend much money on one, right now, as I'm still new and just learning my way around things, heres the link to the cable. http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-to-serial-9-pin-male-adaptor-29968 It looks right, and seems to have everything I need.. But I just want to make sure. 

what do you mean by sloppy cutting?  What cutter?, what software? what operating system?.  .   What makes you think it is the cable?  Being new to this, and if it's a value cutter, it has to be fine tuned into cutting correctly..  Which takes adjusting blade depth, speed, force. for what you are cutting.  and the vinyl you are cutting. And only a Keyspan Adapter is recommended,  Or a serial card, or a computer with a serial port.

The cable has loose wires in it, My Cutter Is a Liyu SC631E and I'm on windows 8 and I'm using sign cut pro! I'm currently pressing T-shirts and need a new cable asap as I have fathers day order for tshirts, but because the wire is slightly broke, It's stopping cutting half way through, and needed a quick solution and thought that would be one.

Highly unlikely the ordinary USB to Serial 9-Pin Male Adaptor cable will work.

However, those things are all over eBay for a lot less than 15 quid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB2-0-to-RS232-Serial-9-Pin-Male-Converter-DB9-Connector-Adapter-for-Desktop-PC-/140991430007

$3 shipped from Hong Kong

I'm gonna grab one of these, I've luckily found a local store that sells them! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-com-Serial-RS232-Adapter-Retention/dp/B004ZMYTYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371148202&sr=8-1&keywords=ftdi+usb+to+serial

That Adapter might work, Just keep in mind you get what you pay for and since that is an E-Bay item and I assumed you were in a rush, something like this would work, best that is if you have a serial port on your PC, however if you don't have Serial Port , and if your like me my newer PC doesn't have, The cable I pictures and the cable adapter your asking about will work!  Radio Shack, Best Buy, Maybe Walmart Just my 2 cents worth B)  Good Luck

post-37810-0-29394000-1371172112_thumb.j

Anyone need a Keyspan? I purchased one and it didn't work for my setup. Practically new, have all instructions / driver / packaging.  PM me if interested. 

If you have a bad USB cable, no adapter is going to fix that, just get a new USB cable.