.:eMETAL:.

pricing help

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="313811" data-time="1369757111"><p>

Remember with self install you have a 50/50 chance of selling it to him again if they screw it up.</p></blockquote>

Exactly :)

For pieces that I know are going to be a pain I charge a little more to install and explain that I might have to re cut it if I mess up. Or they can try and pay for a second one if they mess up.

You are probably already way beyond the point of no return but I set up an account at a couple local supply houses so when I come accross a job like that with hi-zoot vinyl I can just go pick up a couple yards. I still buy most of my product from USC because they are definitely better priced for full rolls and they will usually hit my door within about two days but for one-off stuff I just buy what I need to do the job locally. The locals pretty much carry 3M/Gerber vinyl but they usually have the same color varieties.

You guys uing the AI cloud should spend a little time to really learn Illustrator, once you figure it out you will never go back. Hard to learn but worth the effort IMO. I only occasionally use inkscape because it's on my laptop, I design on an iMac with Adobe CS5. Inkscape is too clunky after using the cadillac tools within Illustrator. I particularly detest the bounding box around everything. You can turn that off with Illustrator and set it up to click only on image lines so your not accidentally grabbing the wrong object every time you turn around. The biggest problem with AI is there is so much there it becomes overwhelming at the start. For sign work, particularly if you work primarily with a cutter rather than print, there tools you will use are actually fairly simple once you learn how everything interacts. Maybe some of the newest versions of inkscape are better than the one I have but mine can't do wire frame mode or blends. I'm not knocking inkscape because for a free program its awesome but if you are already spending the money on Illustrator then why not use it.