motoxchic

cuts all over my "bar"

I am not sure the name for it, but the smooth "bar" the blade goes back and forth over (under vinyl) is totally gouged!  I have no idea how it happened.  I sent a job to cut, it forwarded out a bunch of vinyl and I left the room.  Just tried to weed it and most of a whole word across the front of it is missing.  I came in to check the machine and sure enough.  :angry:   I would guess this is a replaceable part, but will this affect my cutting?  Or does it have to get REALLY bad all over (which I hope does not ever happen).

That's the cutting strip and it probably got gouged by having the blade depth set too deep.  Yes it will effect your cutting and they are replaceable.  I believe that they are just glued in, I know my Summa D-60 is. 

Here is a link to the cutting strip.

http://yhst-83279695798634.stores.yahoo.net/tecumas.html

Yes, cutting strip, thank you! I could not think of the name.  I will get one ordered.  It actually "cut" with no vinyl in it...still not sure what happened, but glad its easily replaceable.  I was also having a slight issue of it cutting different from side to side...I read that might be a cause.

thanks again!

You might want to check if the media sensor is turned off.  That would explain how It continued to cut if the vinyl ran out.

This is a page from the user manual.

post-24657-0-20655300-1364122211_thumb.j

Some people have cut a strip of reflective vinyl (because it is very thick) and placed it over the damaged cutting strip as a temporary fix.

forgot to set the origin huh?    been there - after the pain to take the older strip off and remove all the adhesive you won't do that again very soon.  there is no turning over the graphtec cutting strip the are down with an adhesive so you can't get lumps if installled correctly.  I swore the next one I do I am going to try dry ice to see i I can get the adhesive off easier

I have no idea what happened!  I had a full roll, sent my 22" x about 8" to cut (across the front edge), and the front edge of the vinyl was through the middle of my text.  Media sensor is on. 

Does adhesive remover, like Rapid Remover, work to get the sticky off?

never tried rapid remover - have used laquer thinner before - it is miserable with almost anything you use - once in a while one will peel of cleanly but not for me.  being a new cutter maybe you will get lucky.

The Goo Gone Pro Gel worked pretty well for me when I replaced my cutting strip. Might want to try that...

The Goo Gone Pro Gel worked pretty well for me when I replaced my cutting strip. Might want to try that...

That is a good thing to know!  Thanks