tim46

Adobe Illustrator Patterns

Hello, newbie question here, I am filling some type with a animal pattern (zebra skin) in adobe illustrator and when i send it to signcut the type looks fine but the pattern is just a black fill -  how or what can i do to get this pattern to cut right? Thanks in Advance

Depends on how you got there. If it is a clipping path using the frame of your expanded text to clip the pattern and give it the zebra look then you won't be able to cut that in signcut. I don't think .ai will let you expand that either. You will need to do the proceedure over using the unfilled text frame on top of your pattern and clip it with the "intersect" tool option from the pathfinder pallet. You will have to have expanded the zebra pattern prior to this if it wasn't already, both have to be lines and curves. The pattern should be filled, the top object an empty object. If your doing a whole string of text it will probably need to be a compound shape (rather than a group of letters) or it will just do one. It's a little tricky.  

• Like 1