Sign in to follow this  
thredz

12 by 6 55 chevy - ballpoint - with blue sharpie fill

Here's a 55 chevy I did last night.You can see where the ballpoint gets a little light in areas.I had the speed a little faster than usuall.The blue is done with a fine point sharpie.It's 12 inches long and 6 inches tall.It took forever!But it turned out o.k. .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Guest fivestar

Billy you do some excellent work with them sharpies.  I am gonna have to take the time and try to do some of pics with 'em.  Great job once again.

Thanks.Believe me,when you do it,you need to make a lot of time.I started this around 2:00 a.m. and it was close to four when I finished it.You could probably do them at a faster speed if you used a couple of fresh sharpies for each color,changing them about half through the color run to keep them from drying.But I invest way too much money in sharpies as it is so I don't try that.

Thanks.I tend to lean toward old cars and hearses.That may have been why I didn't sell much in the embroidery field.I just have no desire to do flowers or any of the things like kitchen utensils or witty plain lettering.

I use flexisign for mainly plots.It has a box and you check it to plot and then I set the pen at .010

yeah, good stuff...i wonder if i can do this on Sign Cut??? anybody tell me if its possible on sign cut and how???

thanks

I haven't tried it in signcut.But you could put a black sharpie in,do it as a blade cut,and then hand ink the fills.It really takes a lot less time to hand ink.I just do the fills with the cutter to see if the cutter can do the fills.