Turtlemechanic

editing text

So have been trying edit by ways I am used to

On my first project The mass Turtle revival,I figured out that by "weld-ing" the turtles together It cut only the outline and left the eyes out of the cut program,exactly what I wanted it to do.

Now I am messing around with some fonts.
specifically magneto bold (I like the flowing emblems of the old cars)

When the font is welded together the cut profile is perfectly smooth and flows just as I want on the outside of the letters.
BUT It doesn't cut all the inside parts of the letters a,o,d for example.

when I unweld the text it will cut all lines including inside and all the overlapping lines that were hidden by the "weld" process.

I know what "I" want to do...I want to "trim" all these over-lapping lines like I would in mastercam or auto cadd to create a smooth tool path

So this is what I did, messing with the node things,I couldn't figure out how to add or delete them so I just modified them.
I am sure there is a better faster way...move,look, crap..move back..etc..

I have attatched this to show I did try :lol:

Top is what I started with.

I will probably import this font to one of my cadd/cam programs and save it as a DXF and go from there so emblem will flow better as one unit

motorlodgeq.svg

Make sure you have " Blackout Shadow " unselected ( under PATH , then SHADOW ) . I did not look at your file , but from your post, that sounds like what is happening . I have watched the tutorials several times & caught things each time .

Thankyou,ugh shadow...saw it and said "I don't want to put a shadow on it" :lol:

Is there a cutter dictionary?every occupation uses different terms,time to watch more videos

So little time to divide up projects!

Thank you again,

You are more than welcome :) . I use shawdows/outlines alot & watched the tutorials a couple times . SCALPro has great support thru Edge Craft & in time will have many knowledged members here . I think most had never even tried it before USC started with it ( I never had ) . I am sure they will continue to develop it with more & more features . I am hoping they add a offset in the outlining . I can work around it , but when I decide I don't like that it takes too much time to experiment . For now , when I want outlines , I will design in SB & cut with SCALPro . It is the softwares that have diferent names . I tried Corel Draw out 1 time & was almost completely lost . Flexi is the best , but too expensive unless you can justify it .