Pepsicola17

SCAL Pro + USCUTTER SC Cutter = problem with laser alignment (SOLVED)

I had a problem with aligning the laser eye of the UScutter SC. Everytime I need to calibrate and print+cut, the laser just turn off and I have to go thru selecting LOCAL, ON/OFF to turn the laser on. But whenever it start moving or need to move the laser from register 1, 2, and 3, the laser just turn off and i have to go thru it again. I called the company and see if there is a settings I missed or switch, I was told there is none and that is the only way (for now)

Here is my solution:

I added a switch and battery to the laser so I can turn it on and off whenever and I don't have to go thru the process.

The rig is not pretty since I use glue gun only. I needed it to be easily remove in case I need to sell it.

Here are some photos of the setup...

I used one of my mini flash light. Its actually using 1 AAA battery. The other battery is dead and the other side is bypassed with a wire. The reason for 1 battery is having 2 (or 3) battery makes the laser too bright, its hard to align. 1 Battery is enough to see and align to the middle of the dot.

If you're close to radioshack, its pretty easy to modify and make a better looking one.

post-27465-0-14684300-1352327919.jpg

post-27465-0-67249200-1352327920.jpg

post-27465-0-04872000-1352327923.jpg

post-27465-0-84345000-1352327923.jpg

• Like 2

Very Creative - if it works -- it works!!!

Which company did you call USCutter or CraftEdge? I hope they said they are working on a solution?

-Mike