Xaimill

Graphtech CE5000-60 contour cutting horizontal displacement

Greetings everyone.

I recently got a Graphtec CE5000-60 (used), and I want to start making fullcolor stickers with contour cuts. However:

1) Sometimes the registration marks aren't read. I read somewhere that glossy material affects the ARMS, so any help on this will be appreciated as well.

2) Noticed that contour cutting isn't as perfect as in other videos I've seen, there's always a bit of misalign, hardly perceptable, since the start of the cutting (even after reading the Reg marks)

3)On long media cuts, it starts almost perfect (first picture), but displaces horizontally in the middle (second picture), and then ends up almost perfect again at the end (third picture)

-IGNORE the inner outline, the outwer one is the contour cut-

Start (feed direction <---------- left)

IMAG1396-1.jpg

Middle contour cut (feed direction V, down)

IMAG1397-1.jpg

End cut (feed direction, down)

IMAG1398-1.jpg

This is a picture of the whole test page I made.

IMAG1399-1.jpg

Any help will be highly appreciated, as I got some arts that aren't coming out as they should and is very frustrating. Thanks to everyone in advance.

• Like 1

for that long of a cut you would benefit GREATLY from having multiple registration marks... say every 12 inches or so....

Thanks! Now... How can I do that? I've seen other registration mark options on Cutting Master 2 (with Illustrator CS6) that offer extra Reg Marks. Which are recommended for use, and how do I make the machine read them? (like, it's aware there's more registration marks, not just 4 corner marks). Thanks again.

Im using Illustrator CS6. CorelDRAW aint very friendly with me but I have it too so I could manage there as well, given the need.

I just bought the graphtec cutting pro fc5100-100.  I'm having a problem connecting cutting to computer.   Any help appreciated 

1 hour ago, Wendy Wood said:

I just bought the graphtec cutting pro fc5100-100.  I'm having a problem connecting cutting to computer.   Any help appreciated 

what cutting software are you using and trying to connect to?  did you download and install the drivers from graphtec so the cutting software can find the cutter?

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/graphtec-america-support-downloads-cutting-plotters-discontinued-legacy-cutting-plotters-fc5100-series

When making registration marks in AI choose H or V (horizontal or vertical) segment type 1 or 2 to get multiple marks.  You can also draw a rectangle with a solid fill then go to File > Cutting Master 3 > Registration Marks and choose convert rectangle to keep the marks close to your cut path.

Edit:  Nevermind, I didn't see where you are using a legacy plotter with Cutting Master 2.  It might be different.