taskforce4u

LIghted Work Table

Just curious if anyone has made their own lighted work table and what it looks like. My husband is making me one, and we are trying to figure out what we really want to use for our lights. Just looking for some additional ideas. Also, if you had to change one thing with your work table (if you were starting over with one) what is the one thing you would suggest making sure you had?

Feel free to throw any additional ideas for making a more efficient work area.

Thanks! I enjoy reading the post and experience that everyone has, I especially like how most everyone is great to the new people answering questions and trying to help!

• Like 1

Mine is made from a scrap pc of white lexan from a leftover from a lit sign job with just a 4 ft fluorescent shop light mounted below .

Dan

Dan that is exactly what we are making mine out of and was debating on rope lights or fluorescent light below. I did take a an old flexable desk lamp that we use for lighting when we play the wii and clamped it on it worked good for that short area but didn't expand out enough. Thanks for your input

Dan that is exactly what we are making mine out of and was debating on rope lights or fluorescent light below. I did take a an old flexable desk lamp that we use for lighting when we play the wii and clamped it on it worked good for that short area but didn't expand out enough. Thanks for your input

You are welcome

Here is ours. We used (2) 4 bulb, drop ceiling stlye lights w/ covers so we didnt have to worry bout buyin frosted glass.

That light table is SWEET!

I built mine from two recycled church doors. I got a double pane window replacement that someone ordered and did not pick up. Got it cheap. I put two 4' x 4 tube t8 light fixtures from lowes underneath one end. Table is 36" x 14'. The best price on a 14 foot cutting mat for it was GWJ in California. B)

Here is ours. We used (2) 4 bulb, drop ceiling stlye lights w/ covers so we didnt have to worry bout buyin frosted glass.

Is the black gadget a tape dispenser? I love the shop and the table. AND it's so clean. lol

Thanks everyone for ya'lls inputs! I hope to have my work area finished up by next week and I will post pictures of what we have designed. It's been fun and nerve trying. lol!

Yea, The black gadget is the app tape dispenser. I just cut apart a windshield wiper display rack an "reconfigured" it a bit then welded it back together. We just recently finished adding that room to our shop, thats why it looks so clean, lol but thank you.

cool I have been throwing ideas around for a better way to do my tape. We are making a cool stand that rolls for my vinyl and all. I really appreciate the help and picture. It is cool to see what others have or do