strycnine

Spammers

Wow, I just clicked members then new content......so many spammers joining up. How many mods are here to take care of them? I feel yalls pain.

I might be able to moderate part time.. is that doable?

I wish...but you can PM me when you see spam..I don't get notices anymore. That would help.

Wonder why you don't get the notices anymore? Who runs the admin control panel?

I was taken out of the moderator group and placed into a group by myself when I was made an admin. I have access to some admin sections but not all. I take it that only mods in the 'moderator' group get the notices.

Seems like they can have you in both user groups. I have my mods in two groups and they get the notices. One is primary and the other is secondary. But I know we are running two different forum softwares.

yes we have that but I can't change it since I am listed as an admin. I don't know who can.

I guess not.

I'm like the poor relation that gets to come to the family get-togethers but has to sit at the children's table.

• Like 2

Here is a list of the moderators. The list of ones that have been online recently is much shorter.

post-1636-0-08001700-1347736688.png

Ive never seen any of those mods post except BannerJohn. He needs to be on the payroll. I hope he is! If it wasn't for him, this site would be trash. I wish some more active members got admin privileges. I don't know why they keep it so locked down. I'm sure John is the only one who bans the spammers.

We have a new spam filter that automatically bans spammers from certain domains, as well as spammers with names like "gxhiehyb" (just random letters)..or so it seems.

As for the list...I am not on the payroll, nor is Cutme. The rest are USC employees. Since I'm not clocking in and out, I work nights and weekends too.

I have requested additional mods and made suggestions, and am waiting for a reply. You can have a hundred mods but unless they monitor the forums regularly like I do, it does no good. I take my position seriously.

• Like 1