Sign in to follow this  
spider2076

heat press 101...

I've been doing cut decals with my uscutter plotter for the past 4-5 years. Recently, i've hd a lot of people ask if I also make t-shirts. So now i'm wondering if i can learn to make some. Since this is only a side job for me, i'd probably get the cheapest swing arm press that uscutter offers. Are there any videos that explain how to make a shirt from start to finish? Special printers required? All materials required? I just want to know if it's worth my time to get my own heat press. Thanks for any help.

you should buy the material first and iron it on to see if you like it easy weed is really easy to iron on and the best way to go

all you do i cut it like you would vinyl except vut the dull side of the material you will see what i mean when you have material in front of you

make sure you cut it backwards (mirrored) so when you flip it to the shirt its readable then iron it on

I must say the tee shirt thing is ok.......it gets frustrating at times. messing with settings cause the difference in the thickness from vinyl to the easy weed for clothing. But once you get it in the right spot, then you can leave it set for both. I bought a clamshell press and easy weed vinyl. Love it, much easier then some of the other stuff. I have done about 30 shirts in 3 months, could of been more. Just make sure people give you half up front. I've been burned on a few shirts already. Colored images or silk screens, I haven't messed with yet. I have a site where you can order them though. Just pm me if you have any questions.

You can layer heat press vinyl to get multiple colors....(Most of them some say do not layer.) You just have to figure out at what point is it not worth it to press them and print instead.... You can look into a Sublimation setup with printable transfers also......