Ballistic

3M Scotchprint 1080 Carbon Fiber

I got some 3M Scotchprint 1080 Carbon Fiber vinyl this week stuff is so real looking!

Photo here

anyone else use it for stickers?

I bought some from a guy and used it to wrap a couple cell phones and and a laptop. Stuff is really sweet. Wish I had the funds to order a roll. Where did you get it? All my local suppliers only have 54" rolls and won't cut it down.

Im thinking of doing the back of my iphone and then was thinking maybe my laptop would look cool, how did you do the laptop? find or make a template?

I got it from this company on amazon: http://www.amazon.co...=A38KC3G8X6TR19

they sell it in all shapes and sizes and i dont think 3M makes it in a 54" roll its only a 60" roll, if i was to order from denco sales (where i get vinyl) its around 60 bucks a yard (not sure if there is a 10 yard minimum on that)

Im thinking of doing the back of my iphone and then was thinking maybe my laptop would look cool, how did you do the laptop? find or make a template?

I got it from this company on amazon: http://www.amazon.co...=A38KC3G8X6TR19

they sell it in all shapes and sizes and i dont think 3M makes it in a 54" roll its only a 60" roll, if i was to order from denco sales (where i get vinyl) its around 60 bucks a yard (not sure if there is a 10 yard minimum on that)

I may have mispoke it probably was a 60" roll I was just going from memory and I know it was much much wider then I needed since it is mainly for wrapping vehicles.

When I do wraps for the most part I just wrap them and trim out what I want to show. I am just starting to mess with wrapping Xbox 360's using a template. I am going to check out the textured rolls that UScutter has and go from there on ordering the 3m stuff.

We print on the white carbon fiber all the time and liquid laminate... we can do custom colors that aren't available.

I may have mispoke it probably was a 60" roll I was just going from memory and I know it was much much wider then I needed since it is mainly for wrapping vehicles.

When I do wraps for the most part I just wrap them and trim out what I want to show. I am just starting to mess with wrapping Xbox 360's using a template. I am going to check out the textured rolls that UScutter has and go from there on ordering the 3m stuff.

How are your Xbox's turning out?

We print on the white carbon fiber all the time and liquid laminate... we can do custom colors that aren't available.

That seems pretty cool what are some of your popular colors?

Red and Blue... we just bid on a pink carbon wrap for a company sponsoring something Susan G.

Most of them turn out pretty sweet. I haven't printed one yet but am thinking of doing mine that way just have to come up with what I want on it. I wrapped one a few weeks ago with some wicked crazy chrome. I almost had to wear sunglasses while wrapping it the light kept catching it and almost blinding me. The guy has it in his game room in a cabinet with a bunch of different L.E.D.s we put in there that all "strobe" different colors. It looks really crazy when its dark in there. I will see if I can get him to send me some pictures.

• Like 1

does it have 'depth' to it when you look at it like real carbon fiber? I've yet to see a CF vinyl that actually, really, truly, looks like carbon fiber. If you look at most vinyls hard/long enough, you can tell it's vinyl.

does it have 'depth' to it when you look at it like real carbon fiber? I've yet to see a CF vinyl that actually, really, truly, looks like carbon fiber. If you look at most vinyls hard/long enough, you can tell it's vinyl.

Oh it looks real, it has texture and everything best carbon fiber i have found.

Yes it has a ton of depth.. Looks like they wove vinyl strips together to make it... It's very impressive. If you look around on the 3m site they will send you free sample packs of their 1080 wrap products. They are only like 4"x6" pieces but you really get a great appreciation for the colors and actual look.

Yes it has a ton of depth.. Looks like they wove vinyl strips together to make it... It's very impressive. If you look around on the 3m site they will send you free sample packs of their 1080 wrap products. They are only like 4"x6" pieces but you really get a great appreciation for the colors and actual look.

Yeah i remember i was at sema 2010 and they only had the 3 carbon fiber samples now they have like 50 different types, found out from ordering some samples from them

Did you read the ones guys review on Amazon. Since this is not 3M DI-NOC it may not be as durable. But is it more affordable?

Di-NOC is only for Indoor Architectural uses, the 1080 Line has the same warranty as 180Cv3.

BTW for those of you that think its expensive through MetroReStyling, My cost is is about 40% lower than their retail not including the shipping.

BTW for those of you that think its expensive through MetroReStyling, My cost is is about 40% lower than their retail not including the shipping.

But how much do you have to buy? minimum of 10 yards or a roll? even from fellers was more per yard then MetroReStyling iirc.

We buy 10, 25, or 50 yard rolls dependent on the jobs requirements. I pay $42.11/yard "by-the-yard" and about 20% less for 50 yard rolls for Textured 1080, but we buy 5+ rolls of 3M 1080 / month

We buy 10, 25, or 50 yard rolls dependent on the jobs requirements. I pay $42.11/yard "by-the-yard" and about 20% less for 50 yard rolls for Textured 1080, but we buy 5+ rolls of 3M 1080 / month

I get it around $62.00 /yard but I'm sure you buy way more vinyl in a month then i do so that's probably why you are getting a better deal.

If you dont mind me asking where do you order from?

N.Glantz, Montroy's, or Fellers... you just have to negotiate or buy in volume.