Sign in to follow this  
jmiller

Are eco-solvent inks that bad? Printer discussion inside

http://www.uscutter....tridges-ROSESL3

There is a tug of war debate on if you need to vent the fumes from the eco-solvent printers like the Roland Versacamm and other printers or not. I understand they make air scrubbers for printing shops but if your only printing a few hours a week i don't see why you would need to ventilate your work area.

What's the guys/girls on here doing that print with these eco-sol inks? Roland says you don't need any special ventilation but the MSDS sheets say otherwise.

I know most of you have these in small shops and or your homes so i just wanted to bring this up to see the feedback.

MSDS: http://www.nusignsup...OL_MAX_MSDS.pdf

Thoughts?

I use mine everyday without one..No one complains about an odor??I wouldn;t spend the money on one myself..I was told at the start of my research on printers yes you needed one..But reality now says no..

i print with a sp540v everyday and have not had any problems. you might be able to smell it if i am laying down heavy ink but that is not very often. i get more smell from the vinyl rolls that are in the shop.

so no i don't think you need one.

I have to agree. I just got a solvent printer 1 week ago and yes you can smell a slight odor....but it doesn't run you out of the house. Mine is in the basement in a closed room. I can only smell it as it prints. Then nothing after that. Save your money and don't buy one!

My Mimaki runs SS21 inks and boy howdy, if my exhaust is not running the fumes give me a terrible headache.

I would think though even if you can't smell it, it can not be at all that good to breath for an extended period of time.

I think they all should be vented to some extent. Just for piece of mind. My liitle home made exhaust system from Home Depot works great and ran me about $75.00.

• Like 1

by the time the fumes have done the damage, it;s too late.

• Like 1