happytree

PVC free vinyl??

I hope someone can help me. I have been running a successful vinyl wall art business on Etsy for over a year now. Recently I have become concerned about the dangers of PVC, both for my customers and also for myself and my family as I cut all of my vinyl in my house. I'm not here to debate whether it is truly dangerous or not. I did come across a site that said that there are vinyl wall art companies out there that use PVC Free vinyl. Do any of you know where I can find this? Does USC carry it? I have never seen it, but then I have never looked for it. I do not want to give up my business altogether, but I don't think I can continue using the PVC vinyl that I have been using.

Thank you for any guidance you can give me,

Allison

I hope someone can help me. I have been running a successful vinyl wall art business on Etsy for over a year now. Recently I have become concerned about the dangers of PVC, both for my customers and also for myself and my family as I cut all of my vinyl in my house. I'm not here to debate whether it is truly dangerous or not. I did come across a site that said that there are vinyl wall art companies out there that use PVC Free vinyl. Do any of you know where I can find this? Does USC carry it? I have never seen it, but then I have never looked for it. I do not want to give up my business altogether, but I don't think I can continue using the PVC vinyl that I have been using.

Thank you for any guidance you can give me,

Allison

Avery is coming out with some.Lots of luck. It's ONE YEAR vinyl for short term usage.

• Like 2

Avery is coming out with some.Lots of luck. It's ONE YEAR vinyl for short term usage.

Found this article, says you can request samples from an email address at the bottom of the page. I don't see anything but white and clear, both digital capable, so you'd have to have someone print it all black.

I wasn't aware, is PVC the new boogeyman? I thought we were still on Pthalates!

Found this article, says you can request samples from an email address at the bottom of the page. I don't see anything but white and clear, both digital capable, so you'd have to have someone print it all black.

I wasn't aware, is PVC the new boogeyman? I thought we were still on Pthalates!

if it is we are all in trouble. Most of us get our water through PVC pipes.

• Like 1

if it is we are all in trouble. Most of us get our water through PVC pipes.

From what I read about plastic bottles subjected to heat , we are all in trouble ... I know we all are going to die , but we don't need any help getting there quicker !!!

From what I read about plastic bottles subjected to heat , we are all in trouble ... I know we all are going to die , but we don't need any help getting there quicker !!!

according to my local TV station and their daily 'health watch' there is virtually NOTHING that we eat,drink,or breathe that won't kill us sooner or later. I don't worry about silly stuff and an article on PVC in CARPET isn't going to make me stop cutting vinyl. There is no relation. If I ate my TV set it would probably kill me but I don't eat TV sets.

• Like 1

according to my local TV station and their daily 'health watch' there is virtually NOTHING that we eat,drink,or breathe that won't kill us sooner or later. I don't worry about silly stuff and an article on PVC in CARPET isn't going to make me stop cutting vinyl. There is no relation. If I ate my TV set it would probably kill me but I don't eat TV sets.

Wait!! i cant eat my TV set anymore? Yeah im tired of everyone saying this is going to kill you, that is going to kill you. Too much water will kill you. unless you sell to people who are going to eat your vinyl, dont worry about.

Wait!! i cant eat my TV set anymore? Yeah im tired of everyone saying this is going to kill you, that is going to kill you. Too much water will kill you. unless you sell to people who are going to eat your vinyl, dont worry about.

some years ago there was a big deal about saccharine causing cancer in mice. Turns out for a human to get the same equivalent of the stuff, we would have to drink 3000 cans of diet soda a day.

Most of these 'studies' are pure bullshit and benefit mostly the people getting paid doing the studies.

If I made a list of everything in your house that could cause cancer you would be amazed...and that doesn't count RADON GAS which is in the GROUND in most areas and can't be avoided. Of course unless you pay some company big bucks to radon-proof your house.

How in the world my grandmother lived to be almost 90 and my mom who is still alive at 88, made it without knowing about all the bad things,I have no idea.

• Like 1

Reminds me of a saying which I hope nobody finds offensive. It is " Life is a sexually transmitted disease ... inevitably it is always fatal "

Another is a long story so I'll condense it .... " a man lived a perfect healthy life .. never drank , never smoked ,, never ate anything unhealthy ( it was about 20 lines of description in what I read ) ... when the guy dies , his wife called to collect on his life insurance .. the insurance company denied the claim saying "" since he never Lived ... he never died ""

I did read where every baby in the world now has D.D.T. in their body at birth .

Best advice i can give is what i follow myself .. I am gonna live it up until i die .. i am not gonna try to hasten the end , but i am not gonna live my life in fear of it ending a little premature by enjoying it more intensely . Yippy-Ki-Aye :)

Reminds me of a saying which I hope nobody finds offensive. It is " Life is a sexually transmitted disease ... inevitably it is always fatal "

Another is a long story so I'll condense it .... " a man lived a perfect healthy life .. never drank , never smoked ,, never ate anything unhealthy ( it was about 20 lines of description in what I read ) ... when the guy dies , his wife called to collect on his life insurance .. the insurance company denied the claim saying "" since he never lIVED ... he never died ""

I did read where every baby in the world now has D.D.T. in their body at birth .

Best advice i can give is what i follow myself .. I am gonna live it up until i die .. i am not gonna try to hasten the end , but i am not gonna live my life in fear of it ending a little premature by enjoying it more intensely . Yippy-Ki-Aye :)

Good advice Rodger...I'm not going to deny myself anything I want just to live a year or two longer. IT's not how long you live, but how you live.

• Like 2

I agree 100 % . I think many things " not so good " for you can be ok if moderation is used .