Sign in to follow this  
prototype66

Settings or Vinyl?

Not to sound like a broken record but.....

I have the VE Ultra GRC76s cutter running on SB.

**New** 45 Blade from CleanCut

Cutting strip

3M Scotchcal film

130 g downforce,30 Ips , .015 offset.

Did the circle of stars test cut and looking at the backing it is cutting great but im still lifting the vinyl off the backing.

should I use a roller on the vinyl before cutting the test to make sure its stuck down....or am I expecting too much from my plotter and should be happy with how well it does cut?

post-12153-12986567238505_thumb.jpg

post-12153-12986567246132_thumb.jpg

Yea I bet that's it. I switched to the new Clean Cu5 blade and didn't check the adjustment. The other blade was just barely there ( to the touch only) so this one may be longer than the other.

I am still a bit confused on the whole offset thing too. I redid the entire set up from the manual for my machine and did it to factory specs then increased down force a bit so it would cut through completely. The recommended 50% reduction from Clean Cut didn't work at all! Didn't cut through at all.

put in a 60 degree blade and call it a day. I did that to my plotter and never have been happier. Cuts small things great and big things the same way.

60 degree works great all around. I know i know, You don't want to spend money changing the blade but this is my best advice.