kenimes

Copam with Vinyl Master Pro

Anybody had luck getting a Copam to run with Vinyl Master?  We tried the Roland PNC-960 and the HPGL standard, but get no communication. Hopfully someone else has had success?

Thank you,

Ken

Hello Ken,

This software also comes from Melbourne Aust.

The history of it is veeeeeeery interesting.

Not the place to put it here however.

As far as i know unless there is an upgrade that i don't know about this software does not have cutter offset.

So without cutter offset it is pretty useless.

My copy does not have a CoPam driver.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hello Ken,

This software also comes from Melbourne Aust.

The history of it is veeeeeeery interesting.

Not the place to put it here however.

As far as i know unless there is an upgrade that i don't know about this software does not have cutter offset.

So without cutter offset it is pretty useless.

My copy does not have a CoPam driver.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I have let the customer know how benificial SignBlazer is, and got her Copam working with it flawlessly on the LPT connection. Thing is, she has years of files for her business in VM, and her dongle is not working so she is unable to export. Assuming of course, it is possible to export from VM in a format supported by SBE.

I can imagine the stories behind the creators of VM, seeing that they are in your neck of the woods. In her situation, they sent her a Vista dongle and she is running XP, or vice versa. She has also tried contacting them for a resolution, but it has not been timely.

I believe, she will try SBE, and see how easy and feature friendly your software really is. In the meantime, I told her I would try to find an answer.

Thanks Jerry

:)

This is late! However I cut out of VMP 2.95v using the Roland PNC-960 driver. You do not have that much plotter setting controls. You have to get the Vinyl Spooler 2.99v but the TEST CUT option button will mess up the buffer memory (don't use...unless you're having better luck than me!). I use COM 4 or 3 setting with the USB and the Serial port plug-in. It cuts fairly well but Future Corp needs to work on their customer service and software updates. The software is very good and prefer it over FlexiSign Pro...but the Cutting Manager or Spooler needs to be tightend up alot. We demand more plotter control options, better registration marks, (like squares or circles...no stars, that cut out!) resizing in the spooler, more plotter drivers (Graphtec FC8000 and Copam CP2500), and a functionable test cut/show me button that work and not freeze up the plotter command! Besides that, VMP2.95v is a good all you need program to work out of. Someone please notify FUTURE CORPORATION to get on the ball with this software...it has serious competitive potential! ;D