Dakotagrafx

users not using forum

interesting over 254 pages out of 420 pages of users have never posted anything!  Must be a lot of spam artist or lurkers

thats approximately 5000 users that have left at least 1 message out of 12587

appropriately 1600 have posted at least 10 times

Under 13 percent have really used this resource 10 or more times

Spam makes you look up the stupidest things like this!

I'm using the forum like crazy!  Just haven't had time to post much.. yet.

The new cutter arrived last Wednesday.  Finally some time to get it set up over the weekend and make a few cuts.

Most of that time has been spent searching the forum to figure out where I screwed up.  So far, the solution to every one of my dumb mistakes has been found on the pages of this forum!  I'm just now learning enough to make more intelligent mistakes.

It means that some people know how to use the search feature to find an answer without posting the same questions over and over.

;) It would be nice if everyone contributed however I believe the nature of this forum is not "Quid pro Quo" as US Cutter set it up so fnugy's could learn..

+ 1 on the search feature

Hey LoacknLoad ,

I'm sure you meant nature instead of mature ( especially knowing you have read many threads/posts ;) )  , but the only meaning I can find about frugy is that it is on a hungarian word list ... what is the connection to beginners ?

This forum is used by many as a learning tool & not used again . To some it is like a social hang out sort of like the tv show " Cheers " , especially the more experienced members who can only pick up a little new trick once in a while , but give much advice & experience . That keeps the forum going & makes it worthwhile to USCutter IMO . When some eventually get burned out , inactive or leave , there is always someone that steps up . So for the enduring members it is " Quid pro Quo " Imo . ;D

+ 1 on the search feature

Hey LoacknLoad ,

I'm sure you meant nature instead of mature ( especially knowing you have read many threads/posts ;D )  , but the only meaning I can find about frugy is that it is on a hungarian word list ... what is the connection to beginners ?

This forum is used by many as a learning tool & not used again . To some it is like a social hang out sort of like the tv show " Cheers " , especially the more experienced members who can only pick up a little new trick once in a while , but give much advice & experience . That keeps the forum going & makes it worthwhile to USCutter IMO . When some eventually get burned out , inactive or leave , there is always someone that steps up . So for the enduring members it is " Quid pro Quo " Imo . ;D

Fixed "Nature" and that was F-N-U-G-Y as in Fu#KIN NU GUY'S, I don't know where Hungary is let alone the language... ;))

I further theorize that some FNUGYS move on as a result of the cynicism of the older "enduring members" as well.

cyn

I agree 100 % . There are several other subjects that often get back handed compliments . Pricing is 1 of the bigger subjects that many members are over opinionated about . I always try to let others do as they want & want other to let me do what I want . I try to give advice honestly , but in the way that it was asked & expect the same in return . Some members have sensitive subjects that they seldom or never let slip by . This is mainly a starting place for hobby type people buying their 1rst cutter , thinking about actually getting into the vinyl business part or full time . Members acting like union stewards about any topic isn't a friendly atmosphere , even over the net . In the 3 + years I have been here , they usually go away ( thankfully ;) )

I agree 100 % . There are several other subjects that often get back handed compliments . Pricing is 1 of the bigger subjects that many members are over opinionated about . I always try to let others do as they want & want other to let me do what I want . I try to give advice honestly , but in the way that it was asked & expect the same in return . Some members have sensitive subjects that they seldom or never let slip by . This is mainly a starting place for hobby type people buying their 1rst cutter , thinking about actually getting into the vinyl business part or full time . Members acting like union stewards about any topic isn't a friendly atmosphere , even over the net . In the 3 + years I have been here , they usually go away ( thankfully ;) )

well said Rodger

I think the majority of the 0 post are spammers anyways

The administrator of a forum I was once a member of, regularly deleted every membership that had not posted, genuine or not.  Caused a bit of hassle initially but had the desired affect.  Zero posters disappeared, and members soon learnt to participate if they wanted to keep there membership.

I don't think you should have to post to be a member . There is much great reading here & I have reread many threads gaining knowledge each time , because I understand more going into them each time . I love SignBlazer , but know I have just scratched the surface of what it is capable of . I participate to get others perspective & comapre it to mine . I constantly evolve most of my perspectives .

:D I personally don't care if members post or not, I come here to gleam the knowledge true but I also unconditionally contribute what I can. I do however dislike the blatant spammer or those that try to sell unrelated services. I'm not talking about the folks selling print services, extra vinyl or outdoor business card holders, just the ones that try to sell completely unrelated dreck and knowingly place it in the incorrect catagory.

I don't post to often, but the people here have been a great resource to me & I appreciate them very much. I still am not doing very much. It is hard when most every thing you had burned up.

Peggy