Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

Help!!! SBE won't cut

Hi everyone. I have a problem with SBE. I have had SBE installed (I used the version from the US Cutter site) and running on my desktop since May of this year. The program has been working fine and with the posts I have read on this forum, from everyone, I have learned a lot. I installed SBE on my laptop so I could make it my main cutting computer. I could not get the laptop to to see my cutter, so went back to my desktop to cut some vinyl. Now for my main problem. When I go to cut the tile, on the desktop, the cutter progress window shows all the progress of the cut in 1 second, then closes. I get no cutting action. I have done a System Restore to my desktop but still no good. Can anyone give me advice before I uninstall and re-install the program. I don't want to loose my SBE files, which may happen. Could my installing SBE on a second computer and connecting it to my cutter have caused this problem? I am cutting with a MH 365. Thanks, Arty

i really fail to see how connecting the cutter to another computer could cause problems with it running on the original computer.

first guess would be to make sure that the cutter output port in sb is set to the port the cutters on. i know sometimes if i start sb before i plug the cutter in, it will reset to port1 (my cutter plugs into port 5). im thinking that might be what happened to you.

I understand what you are saying but my computer does see the cutter. The cutting window is there and goes through the cutting steps, very fast, 1 sec.,but dosen't cut. Thanks.

I have reloaded SignBlazer over the existing copy . I Did not loose my files & corrected the problem I was having .

Hi all, I un-installed SB and re-installed it. I still have all my SBE files in my computer files but not yet in the SB program itself. I can always import them later. The cutter still won't cut. I must have missed a step in the installation because when I hit cut tile, my PRINTER prints out 1 line of code. Yes I said printer?? I went to the device manager of my computer and did not see the "cutting plotter (com3)" listed. My computer skills are not that great. I did notice as I was doing the install, the cd warned not to try to install the program on a second computer because it would not allow them to work. Should have listened!! Does anyone have a cure for my problem. Thanks, Arty

The warning was for when the parent company ( Color Chrome First ) was in business . That does not apply since no registration is possible now . Install it on a zillion computers & no effect . I am guessing you don't have the port settings matched in your device manager & in SignBlazer set-up . You can also install the SignBlazer software from it's section on this forum . You can put in a ticket for tech support or call ... USCutter personel will do a remote take over of your computer & check things out .

Update: Finally got SBE to work. After disabling my wireless internet connection, I deleted the program files for SBE. I loaded my driver for the cutter and then SBE. My SBE graphics were still in my computer, so I lost none of them. I now have SBE in my desktop and my laptop for portable working.