xJoey Dubsx

USCutter MH-series Vinyl Cutter 25" worth it?

Looking at picking this up for light sidework, and person stuff... What are your opinions on the cutter?

I'd really like opinions on it from experience, not just "get this instead" responses.

I've been using the MH cutters for a few years now with no problems.  Buy a older PC that has a serial port running XP and dedicate it to the cutter.  I paid $40 the the PC that runs FLexiPro and the cutter, which is cheaper than a USB adapter that may or may not work.  For $300, it's a great cutter and can easily pay for itself in just a few small jobs. 

I've been using the MH cutters for a few years now with no problems.  Buy a older PC that has a serial port running XP and dedicate it to the cutter.  I paid $40 the the PC that runs FLexiPro and the cutter, which is cheaper than a USB adapter that may or may not work.  For $300, it's a great cutter and can easily pay for itself in just a few small jobs. 

:lol: :laugh:

I've had an  MH1101 for about a year with no problems except my computer which is used for it sometimes, but all in all it's been great.

I was using FlexiPro pretty much right from the start, but many people here use SignCut or Sign Blazer with no problems.  Those are cut only programs.  You'll need Corel, Illustrator or Inkscape to design in.  Inkscape is free.  Most of the problems you see are related to trying to get the cutter running on Vista or 7 with a USB port. 

Well looks like you guys swayed me to not only buy it, but get one of my old computers down from the loft.. haha.

Signblazer is design and cut program.  

I stand corrected.  I thought it was cut only. 

Signblazer is design and cut program.  

I stand corrected.  I thought it was cut only. 

not only does SB design, but it will do much more than Flexi STARTER version will do.

i have a mh721 that i bought about 6 months ago and never did stickers befor,,,after about 1 week of trial and error i got it down pretty good,,

i have made money to pay for the machine a few times over,,,you will want other software like vector magic or inkscape and adobe il.

the sign blazer program works great and you can find all ur answers here about all ur cutting questions.

this is prolly the most informative forum out there, everyone here is great.

So yes that cutter is worth the buy..

never any static problems,,jus keep humidity up in the area u are in,,,,are u in your house or a shop?

Never had any static issues here either.  We used our MH721 on the road doing shows.  It was rained on, used outside in conditions ranging from full sun exposure, hot, cold, dry and humid and it never failed.  We ran it on everything from grid power with long extension cords as well as generators.  It also got knocked around pretty good during transport a few times.  We used it for a couple years then sold it for $250 thinking we were getting out of the business.  Now back in the business, we have an MH871 and haven't had a problem with it either.  The MH781 doesn't go on the road.

never any static problems,,jus keep humidity up in the area u are in,,,,are u in your house or a shop?

Going to be between both. Depends on what I am doing.

Well bit the bullet.. Got the 25" cutter MH cutter, 3 diff roles of vinyl, roll of trans. tape, and some little things on their way!