Sign in to follow this  
r1200mike

Unbelievable Experience With USCutter ! (Not Good)

I purchased a Copam 2500 and Corel x4 software for my wife last monday, I paid for 2nd day air shipping, the large box arrived via fedEx with no problem. I carefully opened the box and removed the plotter. I placed everything on the floor and I found the books for the corel draw but no CD. I phoned US cutter and spoke to a rep. He assured me that the software would be sent overnight and it would be here on friday. Well sure enough a box was on my porch friday. I opened it up and would you believe NO CD AGAIN!!! I was just a little pissed at this time, as my wife had a show she was doing and needed the plotter up and running. I am so glad the plotter works. I called back to USCutter and was assured another box would be sent, this time FedEx SATURDAY DELIVERY. Well saturday came and went with no CD. I called back this AM and spoke to customer service and I was told that it was defiantly sent out  for sat Delivery. Well the package is not labeled Sat delivery, And Fedex says it was regular overnight delivery with a delivery date of the 19th. I do not like being lied to but it seems if you deal with US Cutter you will be lied to. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM AGAIN. ANYTHING. I was asked if they could do anything to make up for the fiasco and I said a credit of 50% of the cost of the Software. I was credited $15. Oh well ! I would think many times over before I purchased anything from them.

This isn't the first time people have complained about not getting the delivery that they paid for.People do make mistakes,but all you have to do is check the box thats says SATURDAY DELIVERY..how hard is that?

The other problem...you are right..is unbelievable that they would send a replacement and it also have the CD missing. All you have to do is open the box and look.

I'm sorry this happened but I'm sure the percentage of screw-ups like this is pretty low.

Guest AndrewJ

Im sorry to hear about your experience with US Cutter.  While I do agree with John that this is far from the norm, these failures are still something that we do take personally and work hard to prevent.

It is my understanding that you received the incorrect cutter, and the ordered software was not included (Corel Draw).

What is unclear, is what was in the package delivered on Friday?  A Corel Draw Case with no CD?  Empty Box?

It was at this junction that I became aware of this order, and it was shipped via our Woodinville Warehouse.  I may have even processed the order and printed the label.  I have experienced with FedEx that not all locations are able to receive Saturday Delivery, but when it is requested we do ship FedEx Priority Overnight, and not FedEx Standard Overnight.

It is possible that there was a shipping error when the label was produced, and the CD was shipped FedEx Standard Overnight.  But this is not our policy or procedure, for which I apologize.  There is a fundamental difference between a shipping mistake, and dishonesty.  You stated that you were lied to, and that just isn't the case.  Again, I am sorry for the less than stellar experience you had when ordering from us. We do our best to learn from the mistakes that have been made, and evaluate additional policies to prevent these errors from happening in the future.

Thank you for your comments, and sharing your order experience.  I wish it had been a better experience for you, we do work hard to fulfill every order with 100% order accuracy, and this order did not live up to these standards.

I think fedEx is just weird. I have many times gotten delivery of regular home on a Saturday,while having another FedEx driver tell me they don't do Saturday delivery on home delivery. I think it has something to do with the difference between 'home' and 'ground' which makes no sense to me. I have also had 3 (yes,3) delieveries from fedEx on the same day,all coming from the same FedEx hub here in town..all on different trucks. Now that,my friend,is efficiency!

But don't worry, US Cutter will sort it out.

Guest AndrewJ

On that note... I've seen FedEx handle packages in a way that made Airline Baggage Handlers look like Archeologists on an excavation.  There is a reason that I keep my presence at the loading dock when they're picking up our shipments.

Regardless, not sure what the screw-up was with this order, but suffice to say, we do our best and do deliver as promised on a regular basis.

On that note... I've seen FedEx handle packages in a way that made Airline Baggage Handlers look like Archeologists on an excavation.  There is a reason that I keep my presence at the loading dock when they're picking up our shipments.

Regardless, not sure what the screw-up was with this order, but suffice to say, we do our best and do deliver as promised on a regular basis.

Andrew, that rocks. Thanks for doing that....that's going out of your way to make sure customers get their orders in one piece (instead of many broken pieces).

I Also have had a terrible time with the shipping from US Cutter, not the product at the begining of summer i ordered a 24" laser point and along with it i also ordered a sample pack of vinyl, i got the tracking number and the order verification no problem, A week later when the box arrived there were 2 boxes one i assumed was the cutter and the other all the vinyl i ordered, i was wrong, the vinyl was no where to be found, i chocked it up to a paperwork error made a call and talked to customer support and no problem the new one was shipped out. three weeks later i ordered some more products including 100 white sign blanks. and boy was i surprised when 100 yellow showed up, again a simple mistake called customer support nd they said they would call fed ex and have them pick it up and gave me a RMA, well after three days fed ex still hadnt shown up i figured well maybe they had to file some paper work one week passed and made a call and they said they would send fedex again, another week nothing, called again finaly they said oh you never got the return shipping label, no defiantly not, one more week and the package was finally picked up and i got the right material, good thing i didnt order them for a reason and had a month to wait... again i am a forgiving person and you guys have some of the best prices out there so i ordered 2 rolls of vinyl and a 24x50ft role of magnetic material and what a shock when i open the box and there are the 2 rolls of vinyl and a small box... 24 12 inch vinyl sign blanks, i thought to my self oh crap did i order the wrong thing, sure enough i didnt the packing slip on the out side of the box confirmed that i defiantly order a 24x50 roll. now i can understand shipping the wrong color oops they look the same on the outside but to ship a 12in by 8 in by 6 in box in place of a 24x50 roll your employees arnt even checking what they are doing, so you may say that shipping errors occur on a small amount of orders I guess they all were dumped on me

They have always fixed it for me but it is real frustrating when the wrong item is shipped.  I have decided to only buy from usc when I'm not in a hurry, ( I'm just in the next state over) and when the prices is worth the wait.  I'm thinking about buying a new cutter and I need to decide on who to gamble with.

This particular issue was a result of Corel shipping our Memphis warehouse the manuals when we ordered the software. The packing slip said they were Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 and our shipping crew in Memphis did not know any better. I personally dealt with this issue and got the customer taken care of. Unfortunately he had said that he would not be happy until we refunded him half the cost of the software which we obviously could not do.

Chefgary give me a call if you would like to discuss your options. 888-298-8143 x7116

This particular issue was a result of Corel shipping our Memphis warehouse the manuals when we ordered the software. The packing slip said they were Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 and our shipping crew in Memphis did not know any better. I personally dealt with this issue and got the customer taken care of. Unfortunately he had said that he would not be happy until we refunded him half the cost of the software which we obviously could not do.

Chefgary give me a call if you would like to discuss your options. 888-298-8143 x7116

Great you got it handled Levi! some people you cannot make happy