Sign in to follow this  
imarcnut

more computer not conversing

HELP!!!

I just got my pcut, set it up, got it to cut the rectangle. Computer will not converse with cutter. I have downloaded and installed the com port/ usb program. Have double checked all the settings, tried different ports, have not tried a new usb cable. I have been screwing around for 3 hours and very frustrated. I have to be missing something simple!!

Any help appreciated.

Guest sciondrgn

Couple things to check.

Make sure the Cutter and the software are set on the same baud rate, I believe the pcut defaults to 9600 to check and make sure the software is set the same.

Another thing to check is make sure that the cutter is online before sending any jobs to it.

thanks for replying. Checked it again this morning, same port, same settings, all on 9600. changed the com# nothing......  Will try a new cable and see if that helps. Do these cutters work better on a serial port? Or is usb the way to go?

Guest sciondrgn

Just from my expeierence I have only used the USB..

I installed my drivers for the USB and plugged everything up and the only thing I had to do was just change the com ports until I found which one it installed it on and its been working fine.

I have seen a few people mention the USB cable going bad and after swapping that out it started working, You can pull the cover off to make sure everything is plugged up in the board as well, It may have come loose or unplugged during shipping.

The cutters work best on any connection you can get to work. If the USB gives you troubles, try the serial. PM me if you continue to have communication issues and we can setup a time for troubleshooting by phone.

Something most often ignored is Flow Control.

If this not set correctly no cutting is possible with most computers.

The default in Device Manager is NONE.

it should be set to HARDWARE in both SignBlazer or whatever cutting software you use as well as in Device Manager.

if it does not work with HARDWARE then try X-on X-off as a last resort.

if neither of these work for you then the problem lies elsewhere.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hey!

Well, it's working!

Got home redid the set up- looked out for everything that you all advised me of, put on a new cable (I needed a longer one anyway) an voila!

we got a cutter!

Thanks to all for your help and, Ken, good talking to you today.

Bill

Good job Ken!

"if women don't dind you handsome,at least the should find you handy"....

Red Green

Good job Ken!

"if women don't dind you handsome,at least the should find you handy"....

Red Green

lol

I love Red Green!! g/f doesn't seem to get the humor though...... :notsure:

Red Green is a 'guy thing'. Most women I ever knew don't think the 3 stooges are funny either.

Their loss,in both cases.