Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

Too good to be true?

Somehow I came across this website. And looking at the prices I was like wtf sign me up i'm buying one right now. Started looking around and seen they are based out of Indonesia. Now i mean they could be legit but i've always been told, if it seems too good to be true it prolly is.

here is the site. let me know what you guys think. It also says for Christmas special it's free shipping world wide. It just seems wayyyyyyyyyy too good to be true.

http://www.insignstore.com/index.php

Guest fivestar

Don't waste/lose your money.  You know it's too good to be true.

Guest kenya

I would love to pay those prices for a printer............ but no way, it's sure seems too good to be true.

never judge a book by it's cover. They are selling the Graphtec for the same price as USC. You never know. Maybe they are happy not to mark up to much,and make their money on volume. I buy stuff rom Hong Kong on a regular basis and have always been very satisfied.

contact details are in Indonesia yet the site is registered in the netherlands and is only a few months old according to whois report, seems a little strange to me.

I also wouldn't trust that press release site, again if the company started in 2007 why a press release 2 years later??

Guest fivestar

contact details are in Indonesia yet the site is registered in the netherlands and is only a few months old according to whois report, seems a little strange to me.

I also wouldn't trust that press release site, again if the company started in 2007 why a press release 2 years later??

Because it's a scam.

thats what i'm thinking as well. But like bannerjohn said prices of the graphtec are the same as USC. I wish there were a better way to see if they were a scam without forking over a ton of money then find out the hard way.

i think it probably is too many things dont add up with the site in general, but sometimes these things do turn out to be real, but i can assure you i wont be testing that out with my money lol

Guest fivestar

Here's another scam http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-SP-300v-Wide-Format-Printer-Daige-30-Cold-Lam_W0QQitemZ270488516197QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efa5f3665

This "person" has this listed..... they are a brand new member, yet there has been "a lot" of these Sp-300V's listed by brand new members using this exact same picture and guess where they are all from, Indonesia.......

Ebay has been cracking down on them, but they still "fall through the cracks".

thats what i'm thinking as well. But like bannerjohn said prices of the graphtec are the same as USC. I wish there were a better way to see if they were a scam without forking over a ton of money then find out the hard way.

you might be able to blag then and tell them you have a friend/family member where they are that would like to pay cash on collection and see what their response is

Guest fivestar

That should pretty much tell you they are a scam....."IF" they have been in business for 2 yrs. wouldn't you think there would be A LOT of google returns on them?  Indonesia is a hot bed for scams right now.

Guest fivestar

But like bannerjohn said prices of the graphtec are the same as USC.

That's because they want you to think they are legit, they list a few things at "normal" retail price, and most things at "incredible" savings so you think they are legit.  Don't do it man, you'll lose your $$$$$, I would "almost" bet my life on it.

Guest fivestar

I'm not about to try it, not worth risky that much money. Maybe USC will match this price :thumbsup:

LOL.......I think I seen where they would beat any internet listed price..... ;D ;D :P Or maybe I dreamed that.

Hey 5 ,

I know if you use a credit card , you can dispute any charge within 30 days after getting your bill . I would call my credit card co up & ask them , then proceed if I wanted to buy 1 of those from that site ( do they take credit card charges ? that would be a major red flag to me if they don't ) .

I can't comment right now , all sorts of RED FLAGS blinding me  :thumbsup: . I think a company has to have some sort of legitacy to be able to take payments thru credit cards . There is nothing that can't be scammed, but that site screams SCAM .

time will tell.As far as being is business for 2 years and only now getting a website up...well, I do regular business with a sign supply/ cutter seller that has been in business for 8 years. They put up a website about a year ago.

I recall awhile back the 'too good ro be true' thing was atrted over some software. Prices too low. My brother bought some from them with no problems.

And that buy a Roland and get Flexi pro (or whatever it was) free a few weeks back sounded too good to be true too...

This printer thing could be a scam..but I don't know it for a fact, so I don't say it is or it isn't. As I said, time will tell.

Has anybody bothered to use Google maps to check out the location?

I didn't say you needed one, i said for you to order it and be the guinea pig, and if you get it i'll buy it from ya :thumbsup:

I have my printer too, but why not own one ;D

haha i just went through and made a fake account and continue through check out, and look what comes up;

Basket