COOLDUDE

Metal feed rollers leave print on vinyl?????????

I have a Bridge pro720  I am new to all this but I am a little computer neard LOL and I knew I could do this kind of stuff. Well first time I used this I had no problums at all, And still dont Its like I was a pro at the start. everything Ive cut looks real good.

I must say this site is the best,I always read your stuff and did before i became a member.

The only think I cant understand is why the rollers that move the vinyl leave a print on my vinyl.

I read on here and somebody else said something about this and was told to adjust the rollers.

they also said its no big deal it will go away when you apply the viinyl (I knew that was BS)

Well It dont go away when you apply,the print is so bad it is on the back of the vinyl and the front.

I have adjusted the rollers and theres still print,I adjusted them so lose the spring pops off.

its been no big deal because i only use the two rollers out of the three it has,I just put them on the outside so it dont show where i cut. But I have only used 15 inch vinyl,if i use 24 Ill have to use the 3rd roller in the middle and ill get print. Ive had this cutter for two months I have not cut but more than 10 things if that,but now I am ready and got time to do more and I cant have this print.

any ideals I know you guys on here are the best,so give me some ideals guys.

Or tell me how to fix it  lol lol lol  that would be better.

;D 

Guest fivestar

If your roller marks didn't go away after you applied it then you must have way too much pressure in the pinch rollers.  My marks always go away after I apply the vinyl.

THATS NOT IT,Like I said before I adjusted them so lose the spring will fall off so theres noway there to tight.

the print is on the back and front.

I took a piece of vinyl in my hand with the print on it and rubed it flat seemed like 100 times and theres still bumps on it (print)

they should have made the rollers with out print on them and just made a rubber coating on them to grip.

if the rollers were smooth you would not get the print.

if I remember right Ill check later to make sure,you can take the springs off and still clamp down and it will still give the print on vinyl. ;D ;D

thanks for trying but like I said above the first time I already tryed this.

Guest sciondrgn

I do not have this issue with mine.. My US Cutter machine is still fairly new but the wheels are smooth and rubber and they do not leave any marks or marring on the vinyl,.. You may want to contact the maker of the cutter and see if they have changed the pinch roller design in a newer model and see if they will work with your model maybe?

ITS NOT THE WHEELS  makeing the print, the metal roller that turns has the print on it not the wheels,when I clamp the rollers down the print thats on the roller comes on the vinyl.please read above to see that I have tryed everything I can think of.

;D

It is the metal feed rollers leaving the marks on your material. Usually, like others have mentioned, the marks go away when applied to your substrate. If the marks are not going away when you apply your material, maybe try better quality material, or cut your design/ lettering inbetween the pinch rollers.

YEH I do cut inbetween the rollers now but if I want to use 24 inch vinyl I need to use all 3 rollers and you can see that it would be a problum.

as far as better quality material,I use what most people use,but what you think i should use,its 2.5 mils thick now.

Ill do some testing on this soon, so far its not been a big deal but I am wanting to do some bigger stuff so I wanted to see whats wrong or if theres a way to fix this.

thanks    ;D 

If using 24" material and all 3 pinch rollers then it would be hard to avoid, especially with the middle pinch roller. We do not have a sign shop, we just sell the cutters, but I am thinking that a thicker mil vinyl would not mar as much. Maybe someone else not experiencing the issue as bad could comment on material suggestions.

Guest fivestar

All I know is my roller marks come out after it is applied to the substrate and they are the same whether it be calendared or cast vinyl the marks are there when I cut and go away after it is installed onto the substrate.  Maybe the Bridge model has more grit on the rollers that cause worse marks then the US Cutter brands, that I don't know.

ok thanks I ll try doing some testing on this, My cutter is the same as a  MH721  just has a diffrent name on it.

the thing I dont understand is if I loseing the pinch rollers so lose that the spring comes out and I leave the spring out and lock down with out it theres still print comeing,just the same.  maybe ill try the 24 inch vinyl with just 2 rollers on the outsides that way I wont get any marks on 23 inches of it.

thanks eveybody for your input,Great site keep up the good work.

;D

2 rollers will work fine... I have a 24 inch machine and only has 2 rollers...

I think that the vinyl that you are using may not be of high quaity...

Try some FDC, GT5, or something else...

I have used Mactac... Arrrggh... I should say, MacCrap... It would leave the marks on the vinyl...

Since new to this particular forum, I've been reading different threads & stubbled on this one that caught my eye for some reason.

Cooldude - there is absolutely no reason to use the middle pinch roller on your 24" wide Oracal 651, the 2 outside pinch rollers will work just fine & if lined up properly in the cutter, as long as 9ft total cut file length can be acheived without off-tracking. Put the middle roller in the middle but not clamped down & forget about that roller. In the thousands of hours I've logged cutting vinyl for signs, graphics, etc., I have never used the middle roller on any machine I've had/used which includes but not limited to cutters like Graphtec, Roland, Vinyl Express, the Copam, the 721 like yours, etc.

Solution - from now on don't use the middle pinch roller, no more roller marks on cuttable surface of vinyl.

Get the free sample roll from Arlon posted in the vinyl section and see if it works better. I find oracal and/or calendered less forgiving. Never had this problem. The marks always went away.