Sign in to follow this  
john!

Impact of yard signs, what do you think?

Hey, i have been doing a good amount of vinyl yard signs lately and i just want to see what everyones thoughts are.

I notice driving around that i see signs with all this text and people only have a few seconds while driving to see what's on the sign. I'm noticing about 90% of the sign you don't pay attention to due to too much information and obviously the larges words stand out.

Now i would hate to be plain on signs but i have been thinking that just what the customer does and the phone number in large text is what yard signs need. Such as:

SIDING & ROOFING

555-555-5555

Any ideas on what you think makes the biggest impact when doing yard signs?

you are 100% right. Too much info is stupid and a waste of money for whoever pays for thh signs. But tell the customer that. They want as much for their money as they can get. I especially love the ones where real estate agents waste valuable space putting their pic on it.

Unless they are sitting at an intersection, a driving only has 1 to 3 seconds to read the sign... I think I read somewhere that 3 to 5 words and the phone number was about the max a driving could intake within that time.

Guest stunad, jr.

I dunno, but whoever is making the "AVIOD FORCLOSURE" signs at every intersection around here needs to check their spelling.  There were at least 3-4 at every intersection about 4 mths ago/ Gone now....  Friggin amazing these sign people that cant psell anithing rite

I guess that read the research that Cambridge put out awhile ago:

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I'm an old fart at 62 and everyone I have been around in SUCCESSFUL business has the same thought: 

(Remember this!)

KISS - k-e-e-pi-t  s-i-m-p-l-e  s-t-u-p-i-d !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an old fart at 62 and everyone I have been around in SUCCESSFUL business has the same thought: 

(Remember this!)

KISS - k-e-e-pi-t   s-i-m-p-l-e   s-t-u-p-i-d !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...to funny!  :thumbsup: but yet true.  We've had our fair share of customers that think they should put WAY to many words on a sign or banner, and usually they complain later, because it's hard to read, even after they were told what would happen.

We've got someone in our area selling queen and king mattress sets new in plastic; placing their large plastisol staked signs everywhere. Guess they must have overspent on materials, cause they've chosen to use magic marker in cursive to script them no less. Every time I spy one, I wonder what the rest of the story is.........

Honestly, I've seen them 150 miles apart, figure it must be another internet 'rags to riches' scheme.