Sign in to follow this  
codogs

First Project - Boat

Hi, I just joined the forum about a week ago.  The MH-721 and supplies I ordered arrived on Tuesday, so it was time to begin my first project which is to redo all of the graphics on my old boat (1986 Skeeter).

First, a big thanks to tlzimmerman for the "Teach em to Fish" vectorizing tutorial.  I used the tracing tips outlined in this tutorial to duplicate all of the graphics from pictures I took of my existing graphics.

I cut the vinyl last night and weeded it this morning.  Now I just need to mask it and remove the old vinyl from my boat which I will hopefully be able to do today.

Here are a few pictures.  One is an existing Skeeter decal on the boat, you can see it's pretty beat up.  The other two pictures are the cut/weeded vinyl that I'll be applying.

-Cody

Cody

skeeter_side.jpg

skeeter_vinyl.jpg

skeeter_vinyl2.jpg

Thanks for the compliments.  I finished putting the vinyl on today.  Below are some pictures.  I went ahead and made new letting for my Kansas boat ID so it would match the grey/white/red theme of the Skeeter decals.  I'm really happy with how everything came out.

-Cody

side_hull__port_small.jpg

ks_number_small.jpg

f80_small.jpg

back_hull_small.jpg

Looks Great  :thumbsup:

I haven't drug mine out of the weeds yet, but i am planning on the same thing. I've got an 83 BeachCraft that needs the Look updated.

Kevin

Awesome work.  Glad to see that people are getting something out of those tutorials!  Makes me want to do more of them.

Thanks again for the compliments.  Now I just need to find time to use the boat!  :thumbsup:

wasatchcars - my boat isn't one of the fast one's, it's got a 40hp Yamaha on the back.  35-40 mph is fast enough for me, though.  Most of my time is spent trolling at .5 mph when I'm not retrieving my lures from trees!  :) 

WOW that turned out really nice!!  :thumbsup:

Now is finding the time, to enjoy it on the water!

Guest Schramm

Man that is some great work!!!

thats your first job? that looks awsome, mine looked like crud, props for you!

10 respect points  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes::o:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Doeboy - this was my first real cutting.  The night I assembled the cutter, I ran my wife and son's names through to see check calibration, after a few tweaks it was good so the boat vinyl was the next thing to come through it.

I've done quite a bit of vinyl signage application in the past, but I had zero experience cutting vinyl before getting this cutter.  I did a ton of searching through the forums here to answer things I wasn't sure about (and still do). I've learned a lot thanks to the folks on this forums, but I have so much more to learn.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Cody

Doeboy - this was my first real cutting.  The night I assembled the cutter, I ran my wife and son's names through to see check calibration, after a few tweaks it was good so the boat vinyl was the next thing to come through it.

I've done quite a bit of vinyl signage application in the past, but I had zero experience cutting vinyl before getting this cutter.  I did a ton of searching through the forums here to answer things I wasn't sure about (and still do). I've learned a lot thanks to the folks on this forums, but I have so much more to learn.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Cody

Deff agree. loads of info and awsome moral, and great attitudes with awsome ppl here!