Guest gracewriter

My New Business and hopefully new life.

Guest gracewriter

I've been smoking for 39 years and had gotten up to 3 packs a day.  I tried EVERYTHING to quit and finally just resigned myself to being a smoker the rest of my life.  It just wasn't worth the emotional trauma I go through when I try to quit.

My girl friend turned me on to this electronic cigarette.  I haven't had one cigarette since I took my first puff.  This thing is a miracle.  It's one of those MLMs.  I know, I know.  I hate them too.  But, I do need to make a living so I decided what the heck, I'll go for it.

I need to make yard signs and have no clue what to say on them to grab someone's attention.  I want to get customers, not really looking to advertise getting rich quick crap.

Anyway I would DEEPLY APPRECIATE any marketing ideas anyone has on here.  I get so excited, then overwhelmed making it very hard to focus on one thing.  I've got everything I need for yard signs, even banners and car magnets.  I bought all that stuff last summer when I found out my hubby was straying.  But then got so depressed I couldn't do much of anything for months.

this new "business" that's not really a business yet, has given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.  I am now full of life and energy even though the home life is ok but still pretty sad.

I have always loved meeting new people and making them laugh.  I've never been in sales and still need to learn how to do that part.  But I think I could be pretty good at it, but only if I have a product that I love.  Well, I LOVE this thing.

Here is what I've been able to do so far. www.SmokeAnyWhereYouWant.com I think I did a pretty good job on this web page, there's a video of me on it explaining this thing.  I think the name of my website is too long.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you all would take a look at the site and let me know of any marketing ideas you can think of to help me out.

Best,

Jude (but I love it when you call me Grace!)

" I get so excited, then overwhelmed making it very hard to focus on one thing."

Grace ,  :(

My sister has that emotion patteren all the time . I think the key is to limit the excitment & the overwhelmed feeling won't be as strong . I watch my sister ( & Dad ) go thru that emotional transformation . I think it may be something to do with blood sugar level . She wears herself out being exuberant & then crashes when her blood sugar falls IMO ( surely not professional doctor diagnosis , Doctors are giving her drugs for Bi-Polar which makes her worse ) . Try to stay in the middle , no peak & valleys emotionally  :( Mentally controlling emotions is ALOT better than prescription drugs .

I don't know anybody who is not having problems & no matter how small or how big , those problems are as much as that person can stand . Realistically , only health problems are crucial . ;D

Guest gracewriter

" I get so excited, then overwhelmed making it very hard to focus on one thing."

Grace ,  :(

My sister has that emotion patteren all the time . I think the key is to limit the excitment & the overwhelmed feeling won't be as strong . I watch my sister ( & Dad ) go thru that emotional transformation . I think it may be something to do with blood sugar level . She wears herself out being exuberant & then crashes when her blood sugar falls IMO ( surely not professional doctor diagnosis , Doctors are giving her drugs for Bi-Polar which makes her worse ) . Try to stay in the middle , no peak & valleys emotionally  :( Mentally controlling emotions is ALOT better than prescription drugs .

I don't know anybody who is not having problems & no matter how small or how big , those problems are as much as that person can stand . Realistically , only health problems are crucial . ;D

Thanks Rodger.  I tried meds in the past, they were awful, everything was in slow motion, couldn't put full sentences together and forgot what i was talking about.    The other day I made my first sale, and my husband said "breathe!".    He usually cringes when I get excited so that was progress on his part. 

In any event it really really helped to hear those words.  People are really curious about this thing in public.  It is a blast showing it to people because they usually want to know more.  I mean, I'll show it to one person then suddenly I'll have a few people appear out of nowhere listening to what I'm saying.  I'm not used to that.  They used to run in the other direction when I was trying to sell vitamins a few years ago in another of these types companies <---of which I failed dismally.  I did end up with a few hundred people under me, but I hated the feeling of "bothering" people.  I really need to get over that.

I know I get my feelings hurt too easily in certain circumstances and am in therapy right now working that among a few other things out.  I am determined to change and not be so frightened of people not liking me.  I don't want to be afraid of anything anymore.

IMO , those pyramid business's are not worth the effort . VERY easy to make a million dollars .... just have to start with 2 million !

Guest gracewriter

I concur for the most part. 

I hate how they sell you on dreaming big then do nothing to help you accept take your money and encourage you to do the same to your friends.  That's why I refuse to sell anyone on going into business, I really just want to market the product as an alternative to cancer sticks.

I made a lot of calls before buying this to see if there was a way I could market them myself or for someone local, but the only companies I found I would have to come up with $140,000.00 for a distributorship.  Since getting into this was $134.00, seemed like the way to go and nothing much to lose.  Besides, I'm spending that money anyway every month on cigarettes, so it's not that big a deal. 

Seeing how the price of cigarettes is going to skyrocket with Obama's new tax April first, and these are cheaper right now compared to what people are currently paying and during recessions/depressions people actually smoke and drink more, I feel this is a pretty good product to be able to offer right now.

I can't see myself trying to talk anyone into buying this.  I figure they'll either want it or they won't.

One of my best friends is making $15,000 a month in another "pyramid" company.  I wish I had her thick skin, and her money. 

I think being successful in any business is a matter of mastering your fears.  I've had a few businesses in the past so I know this from first hand experience.  Every time I overcame a personal fear (usually around marketing and sales), I'd make more money.  But there was on huge fear I never mastered and never wanted to.  Now, it's staring me in the face and there's no turning back.  And frankly, I'm scared shitless.

Guest fivestar

Jude if you believe in a product then there's really nothing to "sell".  If you don't believe in the product you're not going to make a living at it anyways.

Guest gracewriter

Thanks Five.

I remember about 15 years ago being terrified to walk into a business, say my name and what I do, drop a flyer in their hand and walk out. I never stuck around unless they wanted to know more.

I nearly had a heart attack before I walked in that first place, and when I came back out couldn't believe I was so afraid of something that trivial.  That's when I realized I loved marketing.  That's also when I went from $250.00 a week, to $120,000 annually within 8 months. 

I believed in  my product because my product was my own service and I knew I was the best--I still know I was the best.  So you are right there was no selling.  They either wanted it or they didn't and I didn't care one way or another.  when I kept that "numbers" attitude, I made money and loved marketing.

I have to remind myself this is the same thing.  The difference this time is I am selling a tangible instead of a service. 

Come to think of it, I did believe in those liquid vitamins, cause I had two close friends with incurable diseases take it and they were essentially cured, that was three years ago and they are still disease-free.  What i didn't believe in was the MLM part.  That part made me feel icky and embarrassed.

Thanks for letting me ramble, it's helping me work through some of my fears and be able to see the thoughts clearer that are scaring me. 

I was afraid to mention any of this to you guys, but you've always been so supportive of me in the past, watched me go through some dark times, always made me feel safe.  I can't thank you all enough for that. 

I am inclined to agree with fivestar. In order to really succeed at any business you have to have a passion for it. The only difference between the mega successful and the ones who aren't is the willingness to take a chance. Successful entrepreneurs are no smarter than anyone else, just a little hungrier. Is success guaranteed? Never. Success IS however quite possible. You can't win the race if you don't start it.

P.S. - Congrats on the stopping smoking - I myself have been smoke free for three years now and love it. No stopping a long motorcycle ride just to smoke or smelling bad from it.

Guest gracewriter

I am inclined to agree with fivestar. In order to really succeed at any business you have to have a passion for it. The only difference between the mega successful and the ones who aren't is the willingness to take a chance. Successful entrepreneurs are no smarter than anyone else, just a little hungrier. Is success guaranteed? Never. Success IS however quite possible. You can't win the race if you don't start it.

P.S. - Congrats on the stopping smoking - I myself have been smoke free for three years now and love it. No stopping a long motorcycle ride just to smoke or smelling bad from it.

Thank you so much for this post!  I know what you mean.  I lived my life around smoking.  At this time in my life, a little bit of encouragement goes a very long way for me.  It means more to me than you can imagine.

Congratulations on quitting! 

I've met ex-junkies who said getting off cigarettes was far harder than getting off drugs.  I believe it.  there have been times my family was relieved when I started smoking again because I was getting close to pulling their hair out along with my own.

And for gosh sakes, no matter what, NEVER EVER pick one up again no matter what!  I'm sure you won't anyway, but just had to say that.

Thanks again for writing.

Grace

Guest gracewriter

Say, how's this for a website address:

www.ScrewTheTobaccoCompanies.com

Kinda catchy?  Or too crass?  Memorable?

I actually kind of like it in honor of the 400,000 people they kill each year just in this country alone.  I've never known anyone personally who died from smoking but I've known many who were and are dying from emphysema and stroke.

For the last 20 years I've said I wished they'd outlaw cigarettes entirely as that's probably the only thing that would get me to quit.  There's presently a town in California who just passed an ordinance banning smoking in your own home.  Yes, the police can now come into your home and if they find you smoking or you are under suspicion of smoking they can drag you out of your house and take you to jail.

Why does our government allow these companies knowing full well they cause cancer, and tax our health care system to continue to sell them, yet will now put you in jail for smoking them?

so I kinda like www.ScrewTheTabaccoCompanies.com, but not so sure it's a good marketing idea.

Guest gracewriter

Wow, Dylan how thoughtful of you to post these links for everyone. 

Mine are definitely not that cheap, but I have gotten all my money back and don't need to pay for them anymore.  The price of cigarettes down here just went up $1.25 per pack and it's not even April 1st yet.  who knows how high they're going to go after that.

Well, thanks for everyone's feedback, I really appreciate all the emotional support I knew I'd get as I really needed it.  I knew I could count on all my friends here cheering me on, even if they didn't understand or like the product or my reasoning for being so excited about it.

Oh, and thanks for all the marketing ideas too.  What a tremendous help you all have been!

Best,

Grace

Anytime Grace. I have immense respect for people who find a way to beat addiction. You seem to be "making lemonade" with yours. Quitting while endeavoring in a new business is a grand undertaking. And by the way I find that web address hilarious  :(.

So keep up what your doing.

Grace,

If yours are not that cheap, you might want to give them a try, and if they are equivalent to what you are selling now, you could have a new source and a wider profit margin.

good luck,

D

Dylan hich one have you been succesful with useing  on the web site you posted thanks in advance

been smoking since i was 12  im so old i got the dinasourse pager number thats how old i am if that tells you any thing lol shhhhhhhhh

Guest gracewriter

Thanks dylan but I think I'll stick with this.  It's more about helping people than just quittiing smoking it's helping them make enough money to get theirs for free too.  Besides if I invest a couple years helping people, I could retire.   

I'm sure any of those could work for you repo.  I became an instant nonsmoker with this thing.  I still am getting used to not looking for my lighter or cigs when I drive on get on the phone.  What's important is that you at least try one of these, doesn't matter where you get it.  Just get one.  And take my advice, once you find one you like you don't want to run out!

I was down to my last cartrige and was freaking out.  So I ordered myself 3 months worth! 

never heard of these before, what are they, and if you were "freaking out", by being down to your last cartradge,,,then your still hooked on what, nicotine replacement? is there a point that you dont rely on the electronic cig?,,not being smart here just curious

on a side note, another product i used to quit was nicobrevin, its an all natural pillyou take for 30 days and i quit the first morning ---untill my ma moved in with us and wify and her made my life hell and after 8 months i found my butt in a bar and after a bunch of shots i bought a pack of butts,,but i degress

Guest gracewriter

Yep, I'm still hooked on nicotine.  A lot of people are using them to get off nicotine altogether because of the different levels of nicotine in the cartridges:  1) high 2) light 3) ultralight 4) empty--just smokes without the nicotine.

I can see for me this would be the easiest way to quit nicotine because of that and because I'm already not "smoking" as much as I did with real cigarettes. 

Sorry to hear you bought those cigarettes.  I hope you get off them again.

Never heard of electronic smokes, I too have the addiction and wondering how the heck can I get off these things....getting way too expensive for me. Bought a carton the other day cost me 40.00. I buy one once a week so thats 160.00 a month  :huh:. DH quit years ago, was easy for him. I have alot of windows in my house, I hate cleaning windows especially when I see the nicotine running down the window after spraying windex on it YUCK!! I know I smell like an ashtray all the time and I hate it, but this knowledge alone is not enough to make me want to quit..... :huh: I avoid restaurants that do not allow smoking, I'm afraid I will gain weight if I smoke. I can come up with 100 reasons why I "can't" give up smoking, but I want to quit!!! I tried the patch but it gave me nightmares, I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription but then stated it was an anti depression drug and it would be a problem if I needed to get a different insurance company, ( would put me in a higher bracket for a health risk ) So I didnt get it filled. Maybe this electronic ciggerette is the way to go for me???

Renee

Dylan hich one have you been succesful with useing  on the web site you posted thanks in advance

been smoking since i was 12  im so old i got the dinasourse pager number thats how old i am if that tells you any thing lol shhhhhhhhh

Don,

I have bought computer parts, and gizmos and such, all was delivered in 3-4 weeks, no problems, have never bought electronic cigs, as I am a non smoker, and have no need for them

D

that nicobrevin i did was only 80 bucks and you only take them 28 days, i found them at www.canadadrugsonline.com

im not promoting anything, justgiving another option, today i just paid under 6 bucks for a pack so im starting up my pills this week, good luck to everyone in there endevor to kick it for good

Kudos to all of you trying to quit!

My mother was dead a week after her 40th birthday because she smoked like a chimney.

My father, who only smoked for a few years, then quite when my older brother was born, died two weeks before his 58th birthday. It started as stage 4 lung cancer, he actually survived that, only find out a four months later that the cancer has spread and metastasized in  his brain. While he beat the odd for the length of time we had him post-diagnosis, he eventually succumbed to it.

I never thought I would be parentless before the age of 35.

I'm telling you people, you're going to want to be around to see major events in families' lives. It saddens me almost to the point of depression knowing that only one parent lived long enough to see me graduate, and not that I'm married yet, but neither will be around to witness that. At least my dad had the opportunity to "give away" my cousin when she got married.

Quit, quit, quit ... Turst me, your children will thank you for it.

Keep up the fight!

Guest gracewriter

Never heard of electronic smokes, I too have the addiction and wondering how the heck can I get off these things....getting way too expensive for me. Bought a carton the other day cost me 40.00. I buy one once a week so thats 160.00 a month  :thumbsup:. DH quit years ago, was easy for him. I have alot of windows in my house, I hate cleaning windows especially when I see the nicotine running down the window after spraying windex on it YUCK!! I know I smell like an ashtray all the time and I hate it, but this knowledge alone is not enough to make me want to quit..... :thumbsup: I avoid restaurants that do not allow smoking, I'm afraid I will gain weight if I smoke. I can come up with 100 reasons why I "can't" give up smoking, but I want to quit!!! I tried the patch but it gave me nightmares, I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription but then stated it was an anti depression drug and it would be a problem if I needed to get a different insurance company, ( would put me in a higher bracket for a health risk ) So I didnt get it filled. Maybe this electronic ciggerette is the way to go for me???

Renee

I know EXACTLY how you feel.  I paid $500.00 once for this shot of God knows what that made me sick as a dog.  I tried everything, acupuncture, hypnotism, etc.  It's like your brain is split in half, one side wants to smoke and one doesn't and you feel like your in the middle of a battlefield all the time. 

I always knew if they came up with something that felt and looked like a cig. I'd be in with both feet, but I never dreamed it would happen.  I smelled a cigarette for the first time yesterday and couldn't believe how nasty it smelled, like I used to smell like that all the time.  A friend asked if the smell of it made me want to smoke--it was the last thing on my mind and made me grateful I don't have to do that anymore.

My girl friend is taking a little longer to get used to them but has cut back on the cancer sticks.  Some people are like me and never want another cigarette and others cut down from a pack a day to a pack a week and continue cutting back until they are on just the ecig. or quit entirely.  I think it depends on the individual.  I still haven't smoked yet and love these things.

Another nice thing is the price.  I don't have to worry about the cost of cigs skyrocketing again come April first.  They just went up a buck from state tax and are going up another buck on the 1st from the federal tax.  I found these just in the nick of time ($2.19 a pack and can't be taxed because they are not a tobacco product).  I've also already made my money back on the kit and a month's worth of smoking just for turning on a few friends.  Nice.

I don't see myself ever smoking another cigarette again.  Even if they stopped manufacturing these things and I couldn't get them anymore, I'll quit before I ever smoke a cigarette again.  I smoke a lot less right now and can easily see how I can quit entirely without much insanity.

But right now, I don't want to quit, not until I'm ready.

Best wishes

Grace

Grace,

Can you give me more info about these ciggerettes? I want to quit, sort of, lol I know I need to quit, my lungs are telling me to quit and so is my pocketbook, You have my interest

Where do you get them? how much are they? how long do they last? tell me tell me tell me...lol

Renee

Grace,

Can you give me more info about these ciggerettes? I want to quit, sort of, lol I know I need to quit, my lungs are telling me to quit and so is my pocketbook, You have my interest

Where do you get them? how much are they? how long do they last? tell me tell me tell me...lol

Renee

Ditto, I gotta quit. I have been smokin for a little over 20 years. And lung problems run in my family.. Not a good combo. :thumbsup: