Sign in to follow this  
hopkinsrj

Vectored images

Ok, here is my deal, I would love any help or advice.  In SBE I am trying to cut a logo.  I import the image and I cannot get the thing to vectorize.  I have tried to Raster the image then Vector. I have tried to go to a straight vector.  I have downloaded vectorizing software and tried it that way but evertime I either get no image when I hit the cut icon or I get some half image that I don't want.  Am I doing some thing wrong or is it the software.  I can cut letters all day but no images.  I have even downloaded eps files that should work, some do but most do not.  When I take the logo and go to monchrome it, I then try the vector function and it says that the image is not monochrome and cant be vectored.  I know that I am rambling on a bit but I would be much happier if I could just figuar this issue out.  So please help if you can! Thanks, Rick.

Try this, step by step and let me know what happens:

Open SignBlazer.

Select File>Import

Find and select a simple, black and white, .jpg image.

Click "Ok".

Click on the image with your mouse so that you see a border surrounding the imported image.

With the border still showing, select Image>Mode>"Monochrome - 1bit"

In the dialog that appears, leave the threshold settings alone and click "Ok"

Select Image>Vectorise.

In the dialog that appears, leave the settings alone and click "Ok".

You should be left with a Rastor version of the image and a Vectorized version directly on top.

If you are still having problems please let me know what is happening when you try these steps and attach a copy of the image you are working with.

Ok, sorry it took so long to get back to you with this.  I did everything and it worked but the problem that I have now is that after the image is vectorized there is a considerable drop in the quality.  If I use a different software will this improve or is this the quality that I can expect?  I see logos that are clean and sharp everyday, all I want is for mine to look the same.  Thanks for your time and your help, Rick.

Generally when vectorizing an image the quality drops yes. It shouldn't drop that much though.

I would recommend downloading Inkscape at inkscape.org. It is free and it has a very good vectorizing tool. Check the inkscape section of the forum for directions on how to vectorize.