Benr98

Laying out a full sheet of vinyl...uncut

We are working on a 4 x 8 sheet of plexi....have lettering and design on one side, the customer wants the entire back of the plexi done in solid white vinyl.

How would you apply it since it's not cut but solid sheets.

Put application tape on and lay it out.

Or just unroll it and place it on?

thanks so much.

Jenny

cut it,turn it over,apply fluid,flip it back,position it,and squeegee from the center towards the edges. If you try it dry you will probably end up with a mess and plenty of bubbles which will show like crazy from the front.

Ok...I'm going to give it a whirl.  Should I just apply the app fluid right to the plexi?

Hey no worries, I know well enough NOT to even try something this large dry!  I may be still wet behind the ears, but know better than that!!  :thumbsup:

thanks for your reply John.

Jenny

I usually apply the fluid to the vinyl but in this case it wouldn't hurt to do both. One little pocket with no fluid can be a problem.

Thanks...you will see the result when it gets done...but not tonight probably...I was just asked to add some more graphics to the plexi before doing the back!!  :thumbsup:

Love them customers!! lol.............but than again without them I wouldn't make much!  :thumbsup:

Thanks...you will see the result when it gets done...but not tonight probably...I was just asked to add some more graphics to the plexi before doing the back!!  :thumbsup:

Love them customers!! lol.............but than again without them I wouldn't make much!  :thumbsup:

i just have one question? did u add some more $$$$

ROFLMAO....how did I know I'd hear that from YOU?!  LMAO

Yes...PLUS girl...I got 3 more orders from him!! So i padded the difference to those orders!!  :thumbsup:

If the white is just just a contrasting background I would consider painting it (try a test piece with a roller) it might be an easier application than vinyl