Sign in to follow this  
Rainey

registration marks

I got a copy with my Pcut purchase. Been playing around with it and getting alot figured out on my own and also from the help of the learing guide which was also included on the cd. But i have run into a problem. I saw in the guide that you can put registration marks into the sign/graphic to help align after cutting. The guide says it's located under "Draw". I have looked there (and under every other section ) and I do not have a registration marks option. I am using version 6.0.21 and noticed that there is an update download availible to make it 6.0.24. Will this update correct this and add the registration marks feature?

Thanks for the help -- this place has a great resource to learn things.

Mark

all you have to do to make reg. marks is.......

after you have made your graphic

what ever colors are in your graphic

use to make squares make 2 squares of each color

space them out on a even horizontal line

then just layer them on top of each other

check out youtube.com

I don't think you can update SBE anymore... 

Here is alternative method to make registration marks in SBE with same result

After you have made your graphic, make 2 squares of a color not used in the sign, then space them out on a even horizontal line above the graphic.  When you cut each layer, select the registration color layer as well (Use CTRL-Click to select more than one layer.)

Attached is a 3 color logo (rough) in Sign Blazer Format

BSA Logo.SBD

BSA Logo.SBD

Yes, i know you can do that. I have done it that way in the past with this and other software. The reason for asking is it seems that it is a "added" feature of this software and would like to try it and see how well it works or if i should stick to using the above listed ways of doing it.

Also, in one of the pinned threads at the top of the Signblazer section, there is a link to the 6.0.24 update and not sure what it is but something downlaoded from that sight. Now i have not tried it yet-- was just wondering if this update would add this feature to my istall of Signblazer.

Thanks for the fast replies.

Mark

That is an option in the other SignBlazer softwares ( hotshot , Pro etc ) , but not Elements ( you don't get a Corvette for Chevette prices  ;D )

the update doesn't give it to you . Moby said in 1 post that the best download of SignBlazer Elements has only 1 nag screen in trial mode ( trial mode all that is available as of now ) IF you find that , please share .

Yea, making multi color overlays isn't too hard. After reading the posts, watching the vids, I weeded and masked both, then stood there like a goof wondering what to do next!  Then I got it, you use only one mask for all.  Next try was a bit better. I put the regestration marks (upper case O's work fine) in about a third of my text. Of course when I trimed, there wasn't enough backing to recover.  Put your reg marks above and to the very outside or beyond, the grafix or text.

I've had a few problems (solved on this NG) and wasted more than a bit of vinyl in mistakes. But after making all sorts of signs and banners, plus lettering my furniture delivery van, the $300 unit has more than payed for itself!!

Rainey

Keep in mind that the directions you are reading from pertaings to Signblazer Pro, not elements.  Not everything in the guide on the CD is included with elements.