Sign in to follow this  
sosticky

Pressure/Speed problems

I am kind of a n00b to the whole cutter world. I recently picked up a used JSI P-24 so I could make my own vinyl work for my race shop. I got one of clean cuts 45* Mimaki blades while I wait for my Roland holder to show up.

I'm using Avery A4 at the moment and have the blade just barely sticking out. When I try to cut something out around sharp edges or points in the cut I get a perforated edge. Also I can't get the pressure or speed right it's either too much pressure and not enough speed or the other way around.

Right now I have it set at 115 pressure and 50 speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is any good test designs to cut when trying to figure out pressure/speed would be great. Something with a lot of curves, edges and lines in it that way I'm not wasting tons of vinyl if I think I have it set right and I don't.

Set the pressure to 120 or higher, and if it cuts too deep, retract more blade in the blade holder, but do nto lower the pressure. Speed of 50-60 should be fine.

What about the offset? I can't seem to get it right as we go from 0 to 25 and sometimes they meet and sometimes they don't.

Offset in the software should be about .25- not sure if you have an offset setting on the cutter itself. Also, is the carriage seated ON the tracks properly?