Sign in to follow this  
Fat A

it stops cutting

In the middle of cutting, it just stops cutting. The monitor on the PCUT says, "waiting", however, it never start to cut again. How do I fix this problem??? I am cutting Illustrator file exporting via SignCut X2, using PCUT 1200.

I don't wanna waste anymore vinyl.....

;D ;D

Please HELP!!

the best way to stop wasting vinyl is by using a pen and drawing the image first. but it sounds like the real problem is the connection between the cutter and the computer, possibly a software setup issue. i am just throwing that out there. i am neither a mac user or a pcut user. have you tried a search on the forum for similar threads?

bb

Thanks for the replies :huh:

No, it's not hitting the red kill buttons. It just stops cutting. One out of three times or so works just fine. Connection is good. I have no idea why,,,, :'( :'(

I had this same problem, turned out to be a faulty usb cable.  sometimes the cut would finish, other times it stopped mid cut and displayed the "waiting" message. switched to a new usb cable and the problem went away.

hi Venice - Thanks! I guess USB is the problem - well, it would be much cheaper and less stressful to spend bucks to get a new USB than to keep using this one,,,  :huh:

Well, I bought a brand new USB cable - but it still stops cutting in the middle - this is frustrating - So, this kinda problem happens all the time to every one??

My file is kinda big like 6 feet by 4 feet. I've wasted like $50 already on vinyl. Can't waste anymore - this size is pretty expensive, you know.

Is there any way to solve this problem??? US Cutter crew - please help!!

this is just a shot in the dark, but did you input the size of your vinyl in the cut setup screen?

bb

Thanks for the reply -  :P

I can't find "cut set up screen" anywhere. Where can I find it?? I've set up tiles and cutter size, though.

It works good if the design that I am cutting is small. But if it is big (like 4x6 feet, real simple design, though), it stops cutting, sometimes in the mid way, sometimes when it is about to finish...

Today, I tried 5 times. None of them worked. Wasted so much vinyl and time. I need to get these done by Friday, so, I sent files to the local sign store to cut. It cost a lot. Really frustrating  :lol:

Can't tell if it is a problem of Sign Cut X2 or PCut. :'(

Using Mac OS X and illustrator, SignCut X2, PCut1200, brand new USB cable.

Is there anything that I can try???

Maybe your Mac does not like the FTDI USB drivers. Do you happen to have a Serial to USB cable you could try?

Thank you for the reply -  :thumbsup:

No - What should I try next?? Could you tell me exactly what to do??? Should I download another kind of FTDI USB Serial Driver??  :'(

The driver that I've downloaded is FTDI USB Serial Driver-v2-2-10. Does this really work for Mac OS X?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let me know!!!

Yes, this FTDI driver really works with Mac, and I have tested it myself. You could try a 3rd party Serial to USB cable with its own Mac drivers, or double check and make sure you downloaded and installed the FTDI driver correctly. Try another Mac if you have that option as well.

The same problem started to happen again. I tried every possible way, and it woks for very small files. However, for bigger file, I can't use this machine. I really shouldn't have purchased this machine. Wasted nearly $500. If any of you are considering to purchase for a serious reason, I recommend to buy a better machine. Money talks. I guess I need to buy Roland's or whatever the machine made in the USA.  :D

And one more warning for those who are about to buy this machine -  this machine sucks cutting fine details. Sorry but it's true.

The same problem started to happen again. I tried every possible way, and it woks for very small files. However, for bigger file, I can't use this machine. I really shouldn't have purchased this machine. Wasted nearly $500. If any of you are considering to purchase for a serious reason, I recommend to buy a better machine. Money talks. I guess I need to buy Roland's or whatever the machine made in the USA.  :D

And one more warning for those who are about to buy this machine -  this machine sucks cutting fine details. Sorry but it's true.

i really doubt the cutter is the real problem here. my lp24 is very much like a pcut and it cuts fine detail just fine. maybe you should try a pc and reading the help files completely through. the latter helped me very much.

bb