Sign in to follow this  
iceman

2500 and Vista Woes...

I just got a Vista Laptop and I am unable to get Signcut X2 (newest version downloaded) to cut anything through the USB to serial coverter. I had the old converter that didnt work with vista so I went to Radio Shack and purchased one that was vista compatible ($35) ;D loaded the drivers it, and setup the right port in signcut, etc. I use illustrator and send to signcut and when I go to cut all it does is cut a straight line about 8 in. long and stops... any thoughts?  This cutter worked fine through my old dead pc with the other connection....

I had the same problem using my copam and flexi. ended up using and older computer just for the cutter with the old connection. I design on my new laptop and use a flash drive to the old computer

bummer... I was really hoping this would work. Especially since I dropped $35 on a new cable... I will mess around with it some more before I give up. It is obviously a communcation issue to the cutter.  I also need to get it working so that my signcut software will continue to work as the laptop has the internet and authorized the license...