Sign in to follow this  
Graphic Systems

Gerber Router Review

I will make this short and sweet for you all! I recieved my router about a month ago and have been learning the software and the Router itself. At first I was very excited and could not wait to get my hands on my new toy !!! Now I am on the underside of that want. I have been producing a few boards here and there but I am not up to speed on the program! I am a noob all over again and I am enjoying the learning process but the down side is that I am not making any money off of the machine while I am learning. K so here we go.

Likes !

1. Its cool to look at and say I have !

Dislikes

1.The bed of the machine is very large and requires alot of space to opporate

2.The machine is very loud and can be herd thoughout the shop and into the store front.

3.Even with the vac system it produces very very fine dust which has been finding its way into some of our installations. This dust will find its way throughout your shop no matter what you try.

4.The instructions are very poor and misleading.

5.The machine takes forever to begin a job and finish a job.

6.The demand for routered signs is very low.

Well there you have it! One happy Gerber Owner & Dealer :huh:

What application do you program with? How big is the bed? How much will you pay me to take it off your hands? (Just kidding on the last one.) I have done some programming.

I started opposite most of you guys. First I bougthe a Techno Isel 48" x 96" CNC then I went into vinyl.

As far as programing try V Carve Pro. Its not very expensive and not hard to learn. If you are using any of the big programs enroute, artcam, for example

you'll go crazy trying to make a drawing. V Carve is sold by Vectric.com.

Any questions i'll try to guide you.

I started opposite most of you guys. First I bougthe a Techno Isel 48" x 96" CNC then I went into vinyl.

As far as programing try V Carve Pro. Its not very expensive and not hard to learn. If you are using any of the big programs enroute, artcam, for example

you'll go crazy trying to make a drawing. V Carve is sold by Vectric.com.

Any questions i'll try to guide you.

Thank you very much for your advice on programs! I am using Gerber ArtPath which is the program that is included with the purchase of Gerber Routers. It has taken me a few weeks to use the program to the fullest and I will admit that I still have to reference the book here and there during use but all is well for the time being. My main issue with the router is the noise and the dust that it produces. I did not expect to have to build an addition to my shop for the router but that is my fault for thinking !

here's what you do:

1. Buy some heavy plywood and some industrial strength rollers,and build a flat dolly.

2.Mount the thing on the dolly.

3. Buy an OX or a big mule to pull the thing outside when you need to use it.

4. If you don't want to feed the ox(or mule),a golf cart would do,and you would have the advantage of being able to jump in the golf cart to run down to the nearest donut shop/convenience store when you get hungry. Of course,you could ride the ox (or mule) but people would stare.

5. IF you chose the ox/mule option, you would have lots of fertilizer for the flower beds. If allowed to dry completely,you can burn it for heat in a woodstove.

I usually get paid for advice like this but I like you,so no charge.

here's what you do:

1. Buy some heavy plywood and some industrial strength rollers,and build a flat dolly.

2.Mount the thing on the dolly.

3. Buy an OX or a big mule to pull the thing outside when you need to use it.

4. If you don't want to feed the ox(or mule),a golf cart would do,and you would have the advantage of being able to jump in the golf cart to run down to the nearest donut shop/convenience store when you get hungry. Of course,you could ride the ox (or mule) but people would stare.

5. IF you chose the ox/mule option, you would have lots of fertilizer for the flower beds. If allowed to dry completely,you can burn it for heat in a woodstove.

I usually get paid for advice like this but I like you,so no charge.

LOL nice!  :rolleyes:  I was thinking more of the lines of busting out my Iphone call n an old mule by the name of BannerJohn and telling him to get his old broke down A** over here and carry it out side for me!  :lol: Then again I know that you are a US Cutter Company man and would not be able to touch quality machine such as this with your sticky donut fingers. So when I see you in your US Cutter Golf Cart skiping down the road I will keep in mind that it is not a personal thing it is a Company thing. LOL  :P I would send ya a check for the advice but the check would cost more to wright then the value of the advice  ;)  JUST PLAY N dont take personal I had to hit ya back!  :P

I was just trying to be helpful :lol:

The ox is a vastly under rated work animal.

I was just trying to be helpful :rolleyes:

The ox is a vastly under rated work animal.

LOL ok ok ill use your advice  ;D I will try the OX out for a bit and see what happens!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: