Sign in to follow this  
steadyem

HELP!!!!! Exporting files from Illustrator to Sign cut

I am very new at this---we got an apple and the sign cut new, I am use to microsoft!  I have no idea how to use these.  I just need to get our business going and I have to cut something by Saturday.  I am not doing an graphics, I am just trying to cut words for craft stuff.  I already have the words in illustrator and I just need help exporting it to signcut in a .esp format?  Then I need  help getting it from Illustrator into signcut..I have no idea? Please help

-download and install the signcut plugin for adobe illustrator (be sure to get the correct plugin for whatever version of illustrator you're running, and place it in the applications->adobe illustrator->plugins->extensions folder).

-create your text in illustrator. when you're happy with it use the key command "shift+command(apple)+O(letter O)" to outline the text.  do not skip this step.

-go to the "FILE" menu at top, and choose "send to signcut x2". this will export the art to scx2.  (the plugin you install in step one puts this option in the menu. it won't be there if you don't install the plugin. 

-go to signcut window, click import. your art is now in signcut.

-hit cut. done.

you can also do file->save as, choose eps from the file type option menu, when the next window pops up be sure to pick an older version eps if you're using illustrator cs2/cs3.  the resulting file should be able to open in signcut using the file->open command.

still, it's much faster and easier to use the plugins export feature, but either way will work