Sign in to follow this  
TLE

New owner and not very happy

I got my cutter (copam 4050) on 9-30-08, first problem paper holder handles broke called they sent new ones out, now waited another 3 day's ok things happen. Next now with new handles went to set up stand is a pain but ok, found that I was missing a cable so called and they said they would send one out, waited 3 day's and nothing so I called and was told that the cable did not come with the cutter after going over it with them more then was told it should of been there and they would send it out, 3 more day's. Got cable and tried to hook it up had problems so I called tech  he did try and did figure out what was wrong I have vista 64 bit was told to try and find a usb cable that would work,  Was never told that the cutter might have problems if it used 64 bit. Found a cable that works whith 64 bit set up and now the cutter will not cut, the cable at cutter is loose due to the female adater that won't screw into the new cable

Now it has been 15 day's since I got the cutter and I still have cut nothing. I would normally not right a letter like this BUT I am not happy and ready to give up but I put out to much money for that

Just want it to work!

sounds like you may need to set up an inexpensive machine running xp or less as a dedicated machine for your cutter.

bb

sounds like you may need to set up an inexpensive machine running xp or less as a dedicated machine for your cutter.

bb

I agree. Vista 64 bit can be a pain sometimes. Alternatively, you can use partition magic to create another partition,install XP and dual boot. But unless you have both of those programs, it would be cheaper to just get another XP computer. I have bought 3 or 4 nice XP machines plenty powerful enough to run the program for less than $75. IF you are using SignBlazer, a 1ghz machine with 256 Ram will run it just fine.

Thanks for your suggestions, I would realy like to get it to work on the new computer, because it is a laptop. I did get a usb cable and driver loaded but still not working are you using usb or the serial cable with xp, so is it the program or drivers.

Getting the USB to work with Vista seems to be a very common complaint. Suggest you PM Ken with your phone # and a good time to call so he can walk you through it. OR maybe someone who has Vista can help.

I will try to talk to ken, what is his pm adress so I can leave a message. thanks

I did put a post up on this I most of did some thing wrong  it did not come up.

Anyway  like in my other post I wanted to thank ken great job he really tried to work this out but we could not it seems like the vist 64 bit just won't work so I will have to use a diferent computer for the cutter. Wish the new computer would of worked,maybe they will come out with something soon. also I think in the future us cutter should find out what system you are using ( vista 64 bit ) and just let people know im might not work. The tech suport with ken was great and he said if they do come out with some thing he will let me know that is great service.

Yea 64bit has so many bugs in it, I am baffled as to why a salesperson would sell you one, when it is intended for networking invironments to begin with....not really meant for home users- at least not yet. This is why we had so many problems trying to get a driver to load on your 64bit Vista machine. I have my ears open for possible resolutions though.