Sign in to follow this  
prooftech

gETTING STARTED WITH PCut ctn630

I bought the machine, but there are no instructions how to get started using it. I know how to make vector outlines but I don't have a clue how to send a job to the PCut to output it. US Cutter hasn't been any help at all.

I don't need to know how to print colorful signs on a printer, i just want to use it to cut simple signs. Can anyone help?

How will you be connecting the cutter to the computer? Serial or USB?

well,that makes it easy.

1. Install the software.

2. PLug up the cutter and turn it on.

3. Go to your settings. Chose com1 as the port, your model s the model, baud rate should be the same on the cutter and in the software,flow control,set to hardware.

4. How you find your settings depends on the siftware. If it is Signblazer,open it up,click on cutter,then setup.

5. If com1 doesn't work,try com2.

OK. did all that. Is there a simpler software than SignBlazer elements? I hate wading through all that color printing stuff. I just want to cut one color signs.

SignBlazer is about as basic and easy as it gets. Create shapes and text then cut.

:huh:

SignBlazer is about as basic and easy as it gets. Create shapes and text then cut.

I have done everything you said. I have tried both RS-232 cable an USB cable. The led screen on the cutter remains blank. What next?

I have done everything you said. I have tried both RS-232 cable an USB cable. The led screen on the cutter remains blank. What next?

Is the carriage pressing one of the red "kill" buttons?

Turn the cutter off, move the carriage off of the kill switch, then turn it back on.

OK Did that. Next, I tried the test from page 18 of the PCUTSERIES USER'S MANUAL. It cut a small rectangle.

After that, I followed instructions in SignBlazer to cut the test file type. Nothing happens. I get a message "the program is not responding"

Go to Cutter, then Setup and let me know what you have listed for the top two selections....