schaferu

Computer does not send data from Artcut to Refine MH 721

Hi there

Brand Newie here as well..

Just unpacked and installed a new MH 721.

Have installed drivers for USB and Artcut software, both seem to work fine.

When trying to send either a test or cut to the plotter, it does not respond. Light stays red.

I have read other posts and hence have tried to use all conceivable port combinations with no success so far.

Currently set on USB and Com 3 (happens automatically) in Artcut and COM 3 in Device Manager of XP Pro.

Would anybody know how to get a response and the unit to kick into gear?

The cutter itself works well, have installed blade and the test cut is perfect.

Thanks heaps in advance  :huh:

Rgds

Uwe

Your plotter came bundled with ArtCut? and you just bought it?

Ok, your probably right, but you probably purchased your machine from a diffrent supplier then US Cutter...

Anyways, Since most of the people on this board do not use ArtCut, Your support may be limited.

I myself have never used the program, however here are my reccomendations...

Did you try a diffrent cable to connect your machine to your PC?  If you are using the USB cord, try the serial cord connection or the LPT connection....  Seems that many issues pertain to the USB cord...

Check the baud rate of your software vs your machine... do they match?  If they are at the default i believe is 9600 baud, try lowering it... be sure that your machine baud rate matches your PC baud rate...

Do you only have one communication cable connected at one time? It may pose an issue. Im not to sure tho... One cable is all you need...

If you have already changed the cords... Are you making sure that all equipment is OFF before switching the cables? (not necessary with the USB cord)

Have you tried using any additional software to try to communicate with your machine...  This may determine if the issue of communication are hardware or software related.  I reccomend download.com and get a trail of WinPCSign.

Do you have a diffrent PC that you could instal your artcut too and your refine???

These are the places that I would start.

I know its not the same software, but this is how Tater helped me with Signcut.

My cutter settings said "copam" in the manufactor box.

I changed it to Refine, I been cut'n viynl since.

Hope this helps

post-872-12986512528219_thumb.jpg

post-872-12986512544666_thumb.jpg